Colours

Summary: in where Perrie's head over heels for Jade.

__

"She's reading that book again."

"Huh?" Jesy asked, confused, "What're you talking about?"

Jesy dragged her gaze away from her phone as she took another bite onto her pizza. She followed Perrie's gaze to see the blonde staring at someone. That particular someone seems to be Jade Thirlwall, the really smart and quiet girl that always seem to sit at the back of the class. The girl was a bit of an anti-social, Jesy never saw her talk to anyone and if she did, she was either forced or it's a teacher. Thirlwall seems to be seen always carrying a book or either reading it. The girl held a book up, 'Forever' was the title, as her elbows rested on the table. Jesy glanced back at her best friend as saw Perrie giving the brunette a look of complete adoration.

"What?" Jesy finally asked, testing the waters, "You've got a crush or something?"

"No!" Perrie answered a little too quickly before saying, "I just...I mean..."

Jesy simply gave her a look and said, "Okay," before finishing her pizza and left before the bell rang.

Perrie was left at the table, cursing herself at how pathetic she sounded. She was pretty sure Jesy saw through her and just knew.

____

Saturday came quickly and Perrie sat at her usual spot in the corner in a café near her house. She was sipping her latte casually when suddenly she almost spat it back out.

Jesus Christ on a barbeque stick, it's Jade Thirlwall.

She stopped her gawking instantly and looked at her phone, opening up an app to resist the urge to just stare at her cute little face. She took another quick look at the girl and back to her phone. She's dressed up real nice today, maybe she's on a date?

Perrie scrunched her nose at the thought, her other hand subconsciously grips her cup tight. Stop being silly, she scolded herself, you have no right to be jealous.

Just one more glance...

She lifted her head up, drinking in the fact that Jade looked so beautiful today (not that she wasn't beautiful every day, because she was. It's just, her beauty's really enhanced today and she just can't) and reminded herself to breathe. Gods, she sounded like a stalker.

Something's different, though. Perrie discreetly sneaks in another look, just one more. Oh! She dyed her hair grey! My heart can't handle this.

"Too gorgeous for this world." Perrie muttered to herself as she turned her attention to her phone again. Thoughts swarmed her head, thoughts about maybe asking the Geordie out or introducing herself. She was a bit popular in school, maybe the grey haired girl wouldn't mind, right? Maybe she would mind and think Perrie's a bit pretentious.

Should I or should I not?

Maybe Jade won't think of her weird, maybe they'd end up being friends, maybe even more. A lot of maybes ran through her mind, making her a bit uneasy. Her coffee, long forgotten, has gone cold and Perrie could use that as an excuse to get closer to Jade. She'd go to the counter where Jade was, order a new coffee and finally have an excuse to make small talk.

Perrie Edwards, you are brilliant!

"Wait." She muttered to herself, quickly grabbing the small compact mirror in her purse, among other things. She flipped it open and reapplied her mascara. She used her fingers to comb through her hair, cursing the gods above because today was one of those days where she didn't even bother straightening her hair, making it look like a hurricane went through it, add that to the fact she forgot her brush on the kitchen counter. She double-checked her reflection to make sure there were no flaws, but still, she saw plenty. Gods, her hair was a mess, her outfit does not look good, she was giving off the I-just-woke-up vibe and Perrie concluded that today was not her lucky day.

"Get it together." She said to herself the sixteenth time, she was pretty sure that at this point, anyone close to her would deem her mad.

She willed herself to stand up and move, doing a little cheer dance in her head to keep her motivated as she moved closer and closer to the counter.

But the cheer dance in her head occupied her more than it should because before she knew it, Jade had already left.

Damnit, Perrie swore in her thoughts, the world hates me.

­­­­­

___

"You look down today." Jesy commented the third time, as the brunette came over Perrie's apartment for girl's night. "Tell mother Jesminda what happened."

Perrie almost cracked a smile for Jesy's use of the nickname (she knows Jes hates that nickname, so she must look really depressed), if it weren't for the fact that she almost got the perfect opportunity to talk to Jade and then missed it. Almost.

Perrie sighed, buried her head on the huge pillow Jes gave to her on Christmas. The words on the pillow case read 'EXTERMINATE!', while a picture of a Dalek chasing the tenth doctor (holding Rose's hand, her favourite companion, of course) into the TARDIS was shown. She was a fan of the series, yes. But it's something she usually keeps from most of her close friends. Only Jesy knows of her liking Doctor Who.

"Ish notshim." Perrie replied, her head still buried in the pillow.

"What?"

She lifted her head up and repeated what she said more clearly, "It's nothing."

Jesy turned around, pizza in hand and glared at the blonde, "Clearly it's not nothing if you're moping pathetically around your living room."

Ouch. Yet Perrie knew Jes was right, she was moping pathetically. She was acting like she just went through a break-up and Jade doesn't even know who she was.

Silence wrapped around them, the only sound heard was Lana Del Rey's voice singing 'I'm a Brooklyn baby' repeatedly.

"I saw her today at the café." Perrie said, finally breaking the silence and interrupting Lana's singing from her phone.

"Her who?"

She paused before saying, "Jade."

Jade, Jade, Jade, Jade, Jade. It's always going to be Jade.

"Girl, you are utterly and stupidly in love." Jesy replied after a few minutes, looking at Perrie seriously, "What happened?"

"I..."

"Ah." Jesy said, sighing before taking another bite from the pizza slice. "Let me guess, she was there, you got too nervous to talk to her and when you finally pulled yourself to go to her, she already left."

She just stared at the brunette, looking a little confused and depressed. "How'd you guess?"

"I know you enough to know you're the kind of person to do that." Jesy stood from her seat and glared pointedly at her, "Just introduce yourself to the girl. Stop fidgeting and be your usual cheerful self. I'm pretty sure she'd find you charming enough."

And then left her apartment, bag in hand, leaving Perrie even more confused and well... down.

__

a/n: hello, it's me, the author (no, sorry, I'm not gonna make that 'hello' joke, though I was tempted). I'm aware it's been quite a while since I've posted and as usual this was unedited, bc stuff.

anyways, please please please, if you've got suggestions, prompts, requests, whatever, please comment it down. I'm open to requests, I'm comfortable with writing anything and have a nice day!

-A

p.s. I have decided to do the thing Sherlock does bc it's the thing and I can't resist.