three

siena's pov

when the uber dropped me back home, i popped my head around the corner to still see the light in the garage on.

my dad was still working with jack, and i mentally cursed at myself and wondered how i was going to get back to my bedroom window without my dad noticing me.

luckily enough, jack walked out of the garage to find another tool and happened to notice me creeping around the corner. he let out a small laugh, as i held my hands together and begged him to cover for me.

"uh, mr edwards. we're going to need some super glue and it's not out here" jack lied as he discreetly threw a super glue bottle into the bush.

"are you sure? because i'm pretty sure i bought some the other-".

"no, i'm sure" jack quickly interrupted before my dad could leave the garage.

he sighed and scratched the back of his head, "okay, i will be just a second. there should be more somewhere in this house".

my heart rate returned back to it's normal pace once my dad went back inside. immediately, i hurried towards the side of the house but paused for a quick second.

"thanks" i muttered.

"this family is probably going to end up giving me two jobs - the second being your personal look out" jack said, as he focused on hitting a nail with a hammer.

he looked up for a second and gave me light smile. i mean, he seemed sincere, and that itself brought small goosebumps onto my arms.

i somewhat returned the gesture, gently rubbing my arms over my jacket, then left him alone to go and climb back up into my room.

+

jack's pov

"yo, lets head back to mine after this because i've got a bunch of blunts all rolled up and ready" nate said, as we continued to spend our morning skating around at the local park.

"yeah, but as long as i can have-...hey, hey, wait, look at that girl over there" sam suddenly said and we all turned around to see where he was currently gaping at.

"damn, lil ma" nate spoke.

"shit, i wouldn't mind some of that" sam added, as i began to recognise the blonde-haired girl, slowing down from her jog and wearing a sports bra, tight leggings and running shoes.

"wait, i know her" i mentioned as she started stretching against the park bench.

"yeah, right" nate snickered.

"dude, she's my dad's boss' daughter - her dad's the one i've been working for".

sam licked his lips then turned back to me, "and you haven't even hit that yet?".

i shook my head and moved my skateboard around with my foot, "nah, she's a good girl bro".

"well, if you haven't. then i might as well" sam shrugged and rubbed his hands together.

"hey, what about me?" nate protested.

"i saw her first, so i call dibs".

i pulled his shoulder back, "you can't call dibs on her".

"and why not?" sam questioned, and i instantly scanned my head for a decent answer.

"because you just can't, okay. plus i doubt she'll even give out her number to a stranger any ways".

"okay, then you go ask her for it since you know each other" sam suggested. he patted my back like he was prepping me for a match, before pushing me over into siena's direction.

i hesitantly began walking towards her, scratching my head and glancing back at sam and nate every few seconds.

"hey" i said and she immediately turned to me. "i didn't know you worked out".

she stared at me questioningly, "well, how would you? since we've known each other for less than three days and our conversations usually consist you being unbelievably cocky".

i chuckled, "cocky? aren't i the one who covered for you not even once, but twice last night?".

siena folded her arms across her chest firmly - pursing her lips at her struggle to respond and unintentionally making her breasts much more visible.

"any ways, my friend over there - the blonde one - wanted me to ask for your number" i explained and she peered behind me, briefly checking out nate and sam.

"for him or for you?".

"sorry, what?".

"did he want you to come over here and ask me to give you my number, or give him?" she elaborated.

i snorted lightly, "for him, obviously" i answered. "...but i mean, you don't have to if you don't want to ".

siena briefly stared at the ground, quite amused by something before looking back at me. "do you want me to?".

i furrowed my brows at her question, "well, i don't care what you do".

she hummed as if she didn't believe me one bit and narrowed her eyes, "are you sure about that?".

"yes! seriously, why would i care?" i almost yelled, being agitated by the tiny smirk on her face.

siena eventually removed the smile from across her lips. she stared straight into my eyes and sighed lightly, "tell him that i said no".

realisation of her answer immediately drawed onto my face, "what?".

"tell your friend that i don't like giving my number out" she added.

i rubbed the back of my neck, then quickly glimpsed at my friends conversing from afar, "i mean, are you sure?".

siena rolled her eyes and nodded, as she took a small step closer, "yeah. tell him it's a rich-stuck-up-girl thing".

she bit down on her lip to hide her developing smile, before keeping her eyes locked on mine as she left to go off on her jog again. i watched her, almost confused by her actions, until she turned the corner and was completely out of sight.

-
vote, comment and share.