twenty

siena's pov

i woke up with the biggest headache to ever exist after last night's antics. but i was glad that i had some aspirin ready in my bag that would at least calm down the pain.

we soon got away from the deserted roads and ended up on the freeway again to continue on to nevada.

as we drove on, i decided to finally turn my phone on after all these hours — it instantly started blowing up with texts and missed calls from my family and friends.

"looks like someone's popular" jack glanced over to me and mentioned.

"if it's not my parents trying to get a hold of me, it's avery and tiana".

"you should answer your friends, tell them, it's not like they'd go running to your parents" he advised.

i shook my head, "how do i know that?".

"well for one, they didn't tell them about you and me".

"true. but, i know that they'll tell me that what i'm doing is crazy and that i should just come home" i complained.

"then if they do, just hang up" jack leant one hand against the wheel as the car slowed down in the traffic. "that's the power of the end call button".

i scoffed, looking through the messages on my phone, "even kyle is asking where i am. there's no way that i'm telling him anything".

at that moment, my phone started ringing with a call from tiana and jack gestured for me to answer it so i hesitantly tapped the green button.

"hello?" i first spoke.

"siena, where are you?" she said with panic in her voice - i looked at jack and he reassuringly nodded.

"i'm not coming back if that's what you're going to try and convince me to do" i firmly told her.

"i just want to know that you're okay. what are you doing, who are you with?".

i lightly held my lip between my teeth, "i'm with jack, and everything back home, we just couldn't take it anymore or i just couldn't take it anymore".

"so, you're just going to runaway and that's it? do you even have a plan, where are you going to live, make money, what about school?" she questioned me and i kept silent without a valid answer to give. "...is this like a punishment to avery and i too?".

"what?".

tiana took in a breath, her voice slightly cracking, "did we like push you away or?".

"no, it's not like that. you two have been my best friends since diaper days and i know that i should have told you beforehand or given you some pre-warning, but i wasn't happy, tee".

"why didn't you just talk to us?" she asked.

i ran my fingers through my hair, "i-i don't know, i could only talk to jack. he's the only person that i felt like i could talk to. so, i'm sorry but—".

"siena, it's your parents" my mother's voice suddenly took over. "you need to come back right now. i don't know what sick stunt you are trying to pull, whether it is for attention or what, but if i don't see you through this door in the next few—".

i immediately took the phone away from my ear and hung up, before tears started to fall down my heated cheeks.

jack glanced at me and gently squeezed my thigh as we continued moving through the slow traffic, "hey babe, what's wrong? what did they say?".