Chapter 3: Well Hello

Painting does not belong to me.

Last Edited 6/29/16 10:02pm

Ava's Pov

"Knock, nock."

I rolled over onto my side with a loud groan.

"Knock, knock, knock."

Silence.

"Knock."

"What!" I yelled, but was muffled by the pillow my face was currently stuffed into.

"Ava, it's time for lunch," the deep voice of my seventeen year old brother said from the other side of my door. I just groaned in response, but made no effort to move.

"Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock."

"Come on Ava. Don't make me come in there. Dad told me to come get you. Get up," Elliot said with a sigh at the end. With an over exaggerated sigh, I forced myself to sit up in bed. I brought my right hand up and rub my face with a groan while doing so. Yep, beautiful, I know.

I sighed tiredly and flipped the white down comforter off my body, moving it to the side of the bed. I scooted to the left side of my queen sized bed and let my feet dangle off the side.

I looked down at my feet and wiggled my blue colored toe nails. "I need socks," I murmured as I stood up with a shiver wracking my tiny body. I walked around my bed, jumping over my moccasins that were thrown there randomly earlier, and headed over to my closet opposite my bed. I went inside after opening the door, trudged over to a basket hanging on the wall, grabbed a pair of purple folded long socks out and then lazily returned to my bed, not bothering to shut the closet door. I sat down on the edge, quickly unfolded them, slid them up my legs, and then stood once more.

"Knock, knock."

"Come on Ava, I'm going to die of hunger out here," He yelled.

I rolled my eyes over his childishness, then again, who am I to talk. I just put on a pair of long socks.

I slowly and quietly walked over to the door of my room, yanked it open, and almost was tackled by my giant brother, standing at the height of 6'1, who's strawberry blond head was was leaning on my door from the other side. I bust out laughing from his surprised face and then at his annoyed face as he stumbled forward, causing me to take a step back so we wouldn't bump heads.

"You shouldn't lean against my door Elliot, or any door really. It could end up not so well for you," I said still with a grin on my face as I reached up on my toes and patted his shoulders. I then pushed him a little so he would move out of my doorway and closed it behind me. I walked past my brother, who's face was scrunched up in aggravation, and proceed down the hallway. He soon followed after after me.

"Well, if you would have told me you were up and not still in bed, I wouldn't even have been standing in front of your door or leaning against it either. You should have at least answered me, I thought you died or something," he said in a joking manner, but then sucked in a breath when he said the last part. The small grin that was still present left my face immediately. "Wouldn't that at least get rid of a burden for the family," I thought.

I quickly wiped that thought from my head and then replaced my sombre face with a smile. "Don't worry, you guys can't get rid of me just yet," I said not turning around and continued to the stairs that were soon approaching.

Elliot just gave a nervous chuckle, not sure how to respond. I just mentally shrugged. It's not that I was afraid of death or anything. Death has always been breathing down my neck since I was 7. My family just tries to avoid the subject when I'm around. They think it will set me off or something. I don't know. I just keep quiet and let them do as they want. It doesn't bother me that they think about whether or not I will die. I just wish that they didn't think of depressing things all the time.