Chapter 9: Coffee Break

Art does not belong to me.
Hello!
I'm not dead, don't worry. I just had literally no motivation to write and I guess you could technically say I had writers block. But, I decided I'll just get on with no plan and write till my fingers hurt because I really want to get a chapter out to those of you who have been faithful to my story and wondering when the next chapter would appear.

Warning, I have yet to thoroughly edit this chapter. Read with caution.

So, here you go...
Lady Amethyst

Last Editied: Friday, August 12, 2017
--------------------------------------
Previously...

As soon as I was no longer in the shop though, the wind decided to just then pick up. My shoulder length hair whipped around and slapped me in the face and mouth.

I frantically started trying to move my hair from my face with my free hand that was not holding the bags while also trying to blow the hair out of my mouth. I was making weird sounds that was a mix of spiting and blowing air when I suddenly heard a familiar voice that made a shiver wrack through my body.

"Miss Ava? Do you need some help?"

--

With the wind still whipping my shoulder length brown hair in my face, I snapped my head in direction of the voice, surprised that someone knew who I was in this small town.

When I turn though, I realized that it was Mr. Artemios, the one that Elliot introduced at his history teacher. His face was blank of emotion, yet his eyes showed a sort of puppy like confusion and wonder.

I then turned my body to face in his direction which indirectly fixed my hair problem as the wind blew it away from my face. I greeted the man with a smile.

"Oh, Mr. Artemios. My brother' s teacher right?" I said as I walked towards him while switching the box holding my shoes to my other hand. I then stuck out my hand in polite greeting. "It's nice to meet you again."

His ice colored eyes looked at me for a second, not shaking my hand. I held my hand out for a little while longer until I felt a little awkward and my smile started to fall. When I started to pull back my hand, me thinking he had a germ issue or had a no touching policy, his hand clasped mine and returned my greeting.

"I am pleased to meet you as well, Miss Avalon," he said in a strong voice and a kind smile.

I pulled my hand away and stepped backwards to get some appropriate distance between us. I disn't like being to close to strangers. I then started up apologizing for my little display in front of Blaze's shop door.

"Just call me Ava. And sorry about that, you know, my unattractiveness was seeping through when the wind picked up," I said nonchalantly with a nervous chuckle," normally I keep that reigned in." I then mentally slapped myself for the word vomit I just emitted from my mouth.

My brother's teacher, though, seemed to find it funny as he laughed. "I understand. I asked as you seemed like you were having some trouble with holding that box and battling your hair," he said gesturing towards the box with his hand.

I shook my head to indicated I didn't need any help. "It's alright. Thank you, though. I would have figured out, eventually, that I could have just moved in the direction of the wind." I felt like an idiot talking about my moment of stupidity.

Then an awkward silence fell over us as no one said anything. I didn't want to just weirdly stare at him as no one spoke, so I looked away. He, though, had no problem, as he was looking at me with a smile while I was flitting my gaze here and there, trying to make it seem like I was actually paying attention to something instead of, in reality, being socially awkward.