Chapter 5: Your Teacher?

My Sickly Mate reached 5k!!!

I'm so happy that people actually read my stuff and like it! I'm actually kinda surprised.

Please comment and vote and as always, ENJOY!

The artwork above does not belong to me.

--------------------------------------

Last Edited 6/29/16 10:27pm

"Now and then I think of when we were together

Like when you said you felt so happy you could die

Told myself that you were right for me

But felt so lonely in your company

But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness

Like resignation to the end, always the end

So when we found that we could not make sense

Well you said that we would still be friends

But I'll admit that I was glad that it was over"

I hummed along to one of my many songs I had playing through my radio as I slapped another layer of deep blue paint on a clear white spot on my bedroom wall. Spreading the color left and right, I dance and swayed to side to side, just enjoying the satisfying feeling of thick paint being spread underneath my inch and a half sized paint brush. I scooped up more paint onto my brush from my painter's palette and began spreading it around more, giving me more room to work with.

My yellow long socks moved over the blue small tarp I had laid over the white carpet earlier to keep from turning the carpet anything, but white. I continue spreading the paint and listing to Somebody I Used To Know as I was almost finish with the background color of my new painting I was starting.

When I was satisfied with the amount of color on the wall, I lowered the brush onto the palette, turned around, and walked over to my glass art desk. I lifted the brush in my hand, and set my brush in the purple cup of clear water that was now turning blue, while grabbing a smaller half inch brush. I set both the clean brush and palette down next to each other as I went to grab paints that sat against the wall on top of the glass desk. Not knowing what I was going to paint yet, I grabbed the tubes of blue, green, pink, black, brown, white, purple, red, orange and yellow paint, then began unscrewing the the lids.

I squeezed generous yet even amounts of each color onto the palette, put the tops of each tube back on, and then put them back in color order back again the wall. While humming along to a new song that started to play through the speakers of the radio placed on top of my bed side table, I picked the palette back up as well as the brush and walked back over to the blue tarp and freshly painted section of the wall.

With brush in hand, I stared at the paint choices in my opposite hand of the one holding my brush while wondering what I should paint today.

As soon as I had woken up earlier that morning, I had just stared at the walls of my bedroom while enjoying the comfort of my squishy bed. It felt so much better to lay in rather than the bed I had stayed in at the hospital.

That one week hospital stay was one of the most depressing days of my life, worse than when I actually found out I had cancer, both times. I wanted to take my mind off all the negative emotions I had bottled up inside my head since I had returned home the night before. My hands had been twitching with anticipation of painting something new ever since the second night of my stay.