05

Gally never let Stiles off easily. but Stiles could tell that Gally was in a not caring kind of mood. maybe he was realizing that Stiles was the leader of all the glade and the maze. Lydia didn't know what the maze was yet, and Stiles was going to tell her. so the two of them went up into the treehouse they had made and stood at the top looking around. you could barely see past the maze. Lydia asked,"what is that? what are we surrounded by? what's the maze that Gally was talking about earlier?" to many questions were rambling through Stiles mind but he answered one at a time, and fully answered,"what you see around us, is a maze. somewhere out there is our way out of this place. we just haven't found the way out yet. but I think we're close. anyways. I'm the leader of this glade, the place were in now, and the maze. most of us gladers stay here. since... people die out in the maze sometimes we get a new person sent up here every month. I was last month. you were this month." Lydia started to understand the whole concept,"people die? but how?" Stiles sighed,"I was hoping you weren't going to ask that question. but there's something out there. you'll find out what it is later." Lydia asked another question,"so were held captive here until we find a way out?" Stiles sighed again looking out at the maze,"basically."