12

"Stiles, what the heck is that!" Lydia screamed as Stiles put himself in front of her. Stiles started to push her so she would run,"that, my friend, is a griever." the beast looking creature that was black, big, and spider-like started to chase them. "come around this corner! quick, Lydia! we can loose it!" Lydia turned the corner and Stiles grabbed her, wrapping his embrace around her waist as he breathed heavily. Lydia could feel Stiles' chest going up and down very fast,"are you okay?" she asked him. "I'll be fine. don't worry about me, worry about yourself." Lydia looked back at Stiles,"why are you still holding me?" Stiles realized that his arms were still around Lydia's waist,"gosh, sorry Lydia." Lydia then moved herself so she was shoulder to shoulder with Stiles,"seriously, don't worry about it, I don't mind," she paused,"are we going to survive?" Stiles looked down at his muddy, grey, sneakers,"we've made it almost three hours, we can maybe make it nine more if we don't run into too many more grievers." Lydia looked at Stiles,"too many more? how many are there then?" he looked up from his shoes and placed his eyes on Lydia's,"we don't know how many, but we know that they come out every night from the exit or entrance of the maze. also known as our way out." Lydia said seriously,"how do we find where that is? maybe we can get the bloody heck out of here tonight." Stiles sighed,"we probably shouldn't find it tonight. I mean, I know that seems really selfless but I can't leave all of the boys behind. okay, okay, you can call me selfless Stiles." Lydia giggled,"I like selfless Stiles' thinking. I think he's a pretty smart guy. and not wanting to leave his friends behind is smart and super sweet too." Stiles smiled at Lydia in a flattered kind of way.