09

thing was, in their time that they sat down, Minho had already left them behind and they lost track of time. they didn't realize that Minho had left, and he never warned Stiles and Lydia. they only noticed that the sun was starting to go down that the maze doors were going to close soon. very soon. if they didn't make it in time, they would be stuck in the maze all night. it's been said that no one survived a night in the maze, not only because they got completely lost in the maze and couldn't find their way back, but because the grievers had killed them.

"Lydia, we've gotta go! the doors are going to close soon!" Stiles grabbed Lydia's hand to pull her up to her feet,"why do we have to go so fast?" Stiles yelled as he started to run,"do you wanna be stuck out here all night with monsters? didn't think so. come on! the doors will be closing really soon!"

they heard people screaming and they turned the corner where the exit was and it was less than half way closed. Stiles started to freak out and he ran faster to try and make it out before the door was completely closed. the glader boys were screaming to encourage him that he could make it. until he looked behind him and saw Lydia struggling to run fast. Stiles stopped and screamed to the glader boys,"don't cross our names off!" then door then shut with a loud clang.

he was reminded about when he arrived and he wrote his name in all caps on the maze wall. STILES.
and he was then reminded about the time a boy in the glade, Ben, was bitten by a grievers and attacked Stiles and had to be banished because one of the main rules was never hurt another glader and because when people who are not immune to being bitten, can be very dangerous. That was the first time Stiles had ever seen a name crossed off. now most likely Lydia and Stiles' names would be crossed off because they would most likely die that night.

"why didn't you go? why didn't you save yourself? I don't even know what's out here, but it's obviously bad. why didn't you let me just die?" Stiles turned around to face Lydia,"I am not loosing you tonight. you've only been here three freaking days. if we die, we're going to die together."