Sugar, We're Goin' Down (Chapter 3)

The next time Mikey and Pete met each other was far from as uneventful as the first time, Mikey Way was currently looking for his brother Gerard Way who he had thought was probably fucking Frank again because his brother had no sense of time and their bus was about to leave soon.

Mikey Way found his brother in a bathroom popping pills, what he also found with him was Pete Wentz who was also popping pills. Mikey Way was furious to say the least, he opened his mouth to scream but what came out was nothing but a squeak, he was soon awoken from his living nightmare by the noise of Patrick Stump screaming at Pete about something about 'staying clean for the fucked up kids'.

Mikey watched as Patrick hauled Pete out of the bathroom and into their bus, Mikey was frozen still, he couldn't believe his eyes. He was soon brought back to reality from the sound of Frank Iero running past him and practically carrying an almost lifeless Gerard back to the bus, Frank slapped Mikey and Mikey followed them both onto the bus, Gerard was one more pill away from an overdose.

Pete Wentz remembers the face of terror that was on Mikeys' face that day. Pete Wentz doesn't remember how close he was to an overdose but he's never touched a single drug since, he didn't do it for the kids or for his family or for the fans, he did it for Mikey Way, If only Mikey knew that.

Mikey Way remembers the day as clear as anything, he remembers the screams, he remembers the pills, the smell, the looks on their faces while they were lying their on the bathroom floor, nobody ever spoke of this incident between Pete Wentz and Gerard Way, all they know is that Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance missed the next leg of the tour and Pete and Gerard were sent to a private rehab session. Patrick, Joe, Andy, Mikey, Frank and Bob were all in attendance.

Pete Wentz listened to every single work Mikey had said about him that day, every letter, every syllable. This was the day that Pete Wentz had realised he was developing feelings for the tall Way brother. Pete thought to himself about the boy every single night and every single day for months afterwards, he wasn't aware how many people noticed how much Pete blushed when he looked at Mikey Way.

What was he looking at? They thought. His lips? Was he thinking about how kissable they were? Only Pete Wentz knew. They didn't see each other for another couple weeks but for them it seemed like years, the two boys were young and in love. Pete Wentz wrote a song about Mikey Way during this break for the two, if only Mikey Way knew every song was written for him.