New city, New Story

I was an only child, I lived with my dad and step mom in a 2 bedroom apartment right outside of New York City.
It was pretty rough living in the city compared to living with my mom out in Wyoming, at least there it was unbelievably peaceful. Now, when I say it was rough I mean it was pretty rough I had to walk to the subway from my apartment everyday just to get to the nearest school and after the subway there was still a walk to the school. I got used to the walk everyday but one day I was pick pocketed and I didn't notice till I got to the subway and didn't have any money to buy a ticket so gave up and walked home. My dad wasn't to pleased seeing me home so soon but he didn't listen to me when I said I lost my wallet.. He yelled at me and told me I was just out wasting my money on junk food.

Well this morning was actually a pretty good day it was a little chilly but I couldn't really complain. I actually got to sit down on the subway today which was really nice. This old lady was next to me and she was actually really nice it looked like she just got back from a bakery and offered a donut which was sweet of her but I was allergic to chocolate and sadly all of the donuts she bought were chocolate.... I took one to be nice.
The next stop was my stop so I told her thank you again and to have a good day. By the time I got to the school for some reason it was quiet. In fear of being late I ran the rest of the way. When I got in the building and I ran to my first class hoping I was a couple minutes late but the door was locked when I tried to open in and no one answered when I knocked which is weird because there's always that one person that runs up to the door to open it. I gave up and walked to the roaming janitor to see what's up and what he told me ruined my day... It was Saturday..