The Edge of Misery

After that day of bullying and not eating lunch it happened more often, wherever I went. So I decided to tell my step mom about it, she made me skip school for a surprise which was kinda weird but I don't mind due to the fact I'd rather not go to school for a while.

      She decided to go for a walk through around town and to show me around more and she took me to a really nice restaurant, which I'll probably hang out there after school. She also took me through a park which led to a museum.

"Hey mom (it's what she prefers) why are you doing all this for me?" I asked feeling worried.

"Well I wanted to take your mind off school. The internet and video games can only do so much" she replied trying to reassure me.

"Oh. Then why you in such a rush to get out of the house.. was it my dad?" I asked trying to pry into their business.

"Listen, I don't think you wanna talk about it." She stated.

"Why not? Does it involve me??"

"In a way yes, it's not about you but it might effect you."

"What happened????"

"We had to sell most of your games and stuff to pay some of the bills.."

"No... No... No.. you didn't... What do you mean by and stuff?"

"Well where to begin.. a couple of consoles and most of your games for them" she said getting quieter with each word.

*Backs away slowly trying to hold In the rest of the tears*

"But I promise you I'll by you new stuff, it's just your dad had the idea and we needed the money badly.. I'm sorry." Mom said trying to make me feel better.

*Starts crying* "all of my files... Gone..."

"Cyrus, please don't be upset with us." She asked, "I'll make you a pie or cookies or something?"

"No thats okay, I want to be alone right now. I need time to think"
*turns around and walks down the sidewalk getting further and further away from home with each step*

"Cyrus! Wait!" She cried out. "You're father is going to be mad that your not going to be home"

But I was too far away to hear.