Chapter 9

I hear the steady sound of a heart monitor. I tried to move but my entire body hurts. I groan.

"You're awake." I open my eyes and see Tony sitting by my bed wearing a suit.

"What do you want?" My voice was raspy.

"I'm here to see if my daughter is alright."

"Why the hell do you care all of a sudden?"

"Wanna know the truth?"

"No, I want you to lie to me." 

"I didn't at first. But Nick gave me the letter your mom write and it explained why she never told me about you. I was-"

"A dick." 

"Ugh yeah, and I was-"

"Immature."

He sighed getting irritated. "Can you not interrupt me!" I shut my mouth.

"I wasn't the best person and i'm still not."

"That's an understatement." I mumbled. Tony glared at me and i smiled.

"I didn't want the responsibility. Is all I can really say..." He trailed off.

"And now that i'm a teenager I can take care of myself so there's no real responsibility you need to have." I look down.

"Look just give me a chance." He raised his voice.

I looked in his eyes and saw worry and regret but I don't want to take that chance.

"No."

His eyes started to water and he looked hurt and was about to say something but he just closed his mouth and walked out the room. And I started crying.

"Mom I need you."

Nick's POV

I was walking down the hall towards the infirmary but ran into Tony. 

"Hey, did you talk to her?"

"She hates me."

"Well yeah, you shot at her and hurt her ego. What do you expect."

"Thanks for the help." Tony said sarcastically.

"Look I've known Maddison basically all her life and I know her next move before she does. If you want to be her father then prove it."

"But i'm Tony Stark."

"That's where you're fucking up. This whole ego thing needs to get toned down."

"I'll think about it."

"Like Maddie said, 'Being a dick wont make it any bigger'." 

I continued to walk to the infirmary. When I opened the door I saw Maddison sleeping with dried tears on her cheek. I walked over to her and kissed her head and then walked to my room to sleep.

I Know it's short!
Still Vote& Comment Please!