{Epilogue}

-5 years later-

July 17, 2021.

That is the date that I would always remember, that is today, and the day where all of my friends and I reunite. We didn't have the cliche all go to the same college together ending, even Tobias and I. We all went to colleges around the United States, I even went back home to study for a bit. We all wanted to do separate things but still keep in touch, everyone stayed together and did long distance relationships and visited each other. Everyone except Tobias and I.

Tobias and I really tried to do a long distance relationship, but when I visited him in Florida, all the way from New York, he wasn't the same. I found out myself that he was seeing a girl there, not going out with her but spending too much time with her. Then he found out about Eric contacting me and wanting to start fresh. . . it was all a hot mess.

Now, I am 23 years old and living back in Chicago with all of my friends that I haven't even seen yet. When I decided to move back to Chicago all of my friends thought that it was a great idea and leave the states that they were currently in to come back home and live our adulthood together again. I ended up purchasing a nice loft downtown with the help of my parents and brother, with them looking for me. I haven't heard where Christina, Uriah, Zeke, Will, Shauna, Marlene, Al, or Lynn are going to live. But, I do know that they are coming back to Chicago. Ashton is sadly moving back across the waters.

And Today, we are having a reunion at the old Pit. . . together. . . and Tobias will be there.

+++

Going to the pit as adults may seem childish, but we couldn't think of anything else. We weren't going to a fancy restaurant because with us moving back home and still looking for jobs to go with our degrees we don't have funds to spend unnecessarily. I get out of my shower and go to my room.

Things for me have changed, I've lost a few pounds and changed my appearance. I still have my tattoos and piercings, but I look a little bit smaller than I did. When I found out about Tobias, everything ended for me. I was already in a deep state of melancholy because we were so far from each other, and when I was told that I fell off deep. I didn't try to cut or anything, but I busied myself with work hardly having time for myself.

I cut my hair again, it was hot back in Puerto Rico and I didn't want to have my hair super long like it was. It's shoulder length, and I bleached it completely and died it a light lavender color. It's really light. I like it and I am glad that I changed it, I feel different. But, a better different now that I am back home. As for Vines, I didn't quit them completely but I don't have such great dedication like I did in high school, I am still young so I still like to have fun.

Like yesterday, I went to the club and ran into Eric. I'm not going to say that I miss him completely but having someone to talk to while Tobias isn't around me was nice. I finish drying off and putting on lotion and then I decide to get dressed. I put on a pair of shorts with a loose tank-top with a long cardigan, and booties. I put on some waterproof eyeliner(because today will be an emotional day), waterproof mascara, and dark burgundy lipstick. I am still the Tris that doesn't wear a lot of make-up. I put in my gold nose ring and long necklace with rings and earrings.

I blow out my curly hair which leaves it in a huge mess, so I decide to tame it and curl it down in loose ringlets and then braid a piece of my hair pulling it to my side and pinning it to the back. I spray myself with some perfume and grab my phone and keys before going downstairs to my jeep. Mom and Dad were so excited to know that I was coming home and had a huge feast the day before yesterday. Caleb even was glad to see me, it felt nice to talk in Spanish the whole day with my family.

I really missed Illinois.

+++

The pit, there is still the same long line and all of the teens running around having a great time as the summer night whisks past us all. I walk to the line and a teenager boy gives me a smile and gestures me in front of him in hopes of me getting with him, if only he knew how old I was. . . which isn't that much. I thank him and finally get inside the pit, the same smell of burgers and sweet shakes fill my nose making me feel grateful for the choice of me moving back after college. I missed this so much.