I slipped into the sexy, overpriced cocktail dress. Marie had helped me pick it out. Solid black, with a thin white strip along the tulip hem, the ferment was dressy but still suited the hot day with tiny spaghetti straps and light layers of chiffon. I paired the outfit with some strappy heels and silver dangle earrings, and I pinned my hair up in a loose bun. We would see what Luke had to say about all this, I thought. I touched up my smoky gray eye shadow. With or without Luke, I felt like a million bucks and I wanted to look great tonight. Alli would be proud.

Sid was rummaging through the fridge when I emerged from my bedroom, my heels clicking loudly across the floor. I stopped at the breakfast bar to wait for Luke. Sid turned and saw me, his eyes wide.
"What?" I said, suddenly concerned that I didn't look nearly as good as I thought I did.

"Uh-" He averted his eyes. "Nothing." He bolted back to his bedroom, which required about three strides since he was so incredibly tall, and shut the door behind him.

I had loosely considered inviting Sid to dinner, but a fine dining experience would be lost on him. Now I was glad I hadn't since apparently he couldn't be in the same room with me in this outfit.

Luke let himself in and slowed as I circled the island to greet him. He wore the same charcoal gray suit from Vegas, with a freshly pressed white shirt. A bit of stubble offset the formality of his attire. Damn. I sauntered over, trying like hell to stay steady on my heels, savoring the look of pure carnal appreciation that swept his face.
"Hey," I said.
"You're killing me in that dress."
I bit my lip, never knowing what he might do when we were alone like this.
With a feather-light touch, he traced a line from my cheek to my chin, tipping my face toward him before giving me a slow, sweet kiss that had me trembling with need at the finish.

QOTD: Opinion on Zayn Malik??
AOTD: He's a crappy person.