33

Between last night and this morning's exertions, I was exhausted. I fell asleep on the couch after breakfast. When I woke hours later, he was sitting on the other couch, his shiny black laptop resting on his thighs. He was a different Luke from this morning, fully dressed and looking intensely at the screen, typing with expert speed.
"I thought you didn't work at home," I said, stretching out.
"Just doing a little research." He didn't look up.
"What kind of research?"
He closed the laptop and set it to the side, his expression softening when our eyes met. "I think I found him," he said quietly.
"Who?"
He folded his hands in his lap.
Oh gosh. My stomach turned, threatening my breakfast. My thoughts were still foggy from sleep and now reeled as I processed what Luke had just told me.
"How?" I sat up straight and tried to shake the cobwebs.
"I pulled the transaction records from the restaurant. Specifically the bar. I narrowed it down pretty easily from there based on his age and alma mater."
"I don't even want to know how you did that," I said. This was too much. He'd gone too far.
"Well, I wasn't planning on telling you anyway. How I found the information is far less important than the actual information, don't you think?"
"Why would you do this? It doesn't even matter."
"You don't think that identifying the man who raped you matters?" He raised his eyebrows.
"At this point in my life, no. Why do I need a name for a face I'd rather forget?"
"You could still press charges against him. You're well within the statute of limitations."
"And what would I say? Hello, Officer, I was eighteen and drunk at a frat house when this asshole had his way with me. I bet they've never heard that one before."
"What if he's still doing this?"
What if I wasn't the only one? My throat became thick and tight at the thought. As much as I blamed myself for getting into such a perilous situation, deep down I knew no one deserved to go through what I did. I would have done almost anything to erase the painful memory from my past.
"I have to go." I stood up quickly, but the sudden movement made me dizzy, nearly throwing me off balance as I made my way down the hall to the bedroom.
"Ava, don't go."
I disappeared into the bedroom. A teal sundress lay on the bed, which Luke must have collected from my place while I was sleeping. On top of it lay the lacy white panties that had gone missing in Luke's Vegas hotel room.
Damn it. I dressed quickly and grabbed the rest of my things. He met me in the doorway but I pushed past him, avoiding his eyes so I wouldn't lose my resolve. I rushed out and flew down the stairs. I paused at my door, listening for his footsteps, but I heard nothing. I entered my apartment and latched the chain, just in case he changed his mind and decided to use the keys I knew he had.

QOTD: Have you ever committed a crime??
AOTD: When I was little I would steal candies from stores all the time. I don't know why either, cause if I just asked my mum would more than likely buy it for me. It gave me a rush though haha

GO CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK IT'S A MICHAEL CLIFFORD PUNK FANFIC AND IT'S CALLED 'DON'T RUN, BUT HIDE' AND I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE REALLY GOOD SO PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THANKS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU!!

30March2019: hi I was raped and didn't turn it in. I now have to live with that forever. it was brutal and i'd rather forget it. if it ever happens to you, God forbid, please turn the person in and press charges. its a horrible horrible thing and it should never happen to anyone