38

The yoga studio filled quickly and the instructor wasted no time warming us up, mentally and physically. I needed this. I needed to burn off all the decadent New York meals I'd been treated to, but what I needed more was clarity, to be centered. I couldn't ever seem to empty my mind of the constant chaos that Luke created within me.
By the end of the half hour, I was straining for perfection in a wheel pose, my torso bending up toward the sky. I breathed through the discomfort. I was sorely out of practice. The challenging movements drained me but awakened me at the same time, as each muscle activated to keep me in good form. In an audience of a dozen or so other attendees, I refuse to falter.
The class ended just as I was ready to give up. We lay in relaxation and my thoughts floated to Luke. So much for emptying my mind. When we devoted out practice, I sent love and light to him. I missed him terribly. No sooner had I rolled up my mat, when my phone vibrated next to me, a quiet intrusion into my hard-earned calm. I fumbled for it, too eager. I hurried out into the hallway for some privacy.
"Ava, it's Max."
"Hi, how are you doing?"
"Great," he said.
"Is everything okay? I mean, with the deal?"
"Absolutely. That's why I called, actually. The legal prep is taking a little longer than expected, but everything is still on track."
I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "That's great. Thanks for letting me know."
"No problem. how's everything with the site?"
"Going great. I'm actually in New York doing some networking. It's going really well."
"Excellent, that's what I like to hear." Someone was talking to him in the background. "I've got to go, Ava, but I'll keep you posted, all right?"
"Wonderful, thanks again."
"See you soon." He hung up.
We were so close to hitting this milestone, I could taste it, but even with his reassurances, I would worry until everything was absolutely finalized. I tried to ignore all the ways it could fall through, but knowing about the rivalry between Luke and Max now added exponentially more possibilities to the list.

QOTD: Favourite Holiday?
AOTD: Thanksgiving or Halloween because both are super exciting, everyone usually goes all out. Easter and Christmas because Jesus gave up his life for my sins and I feel like having a family gathering and just sharing laughs and love can honour that in some way. I don't know, I like all holidays haha

@sister_of_shawn_cam or something similar to that just won you lot this chapter so you should thank her😊☺️💕