t w o

"Another beautiful night would have not have been complete without a beautiful person."

Ladybug was approached by Chat Noir as she sat on a bar of the Eiffel Tower. He leaned against the length of it, his legs crossed at the knees, his arms crossed at his chest, his green eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"Mind if I join you?"

Ladybug let out a smile as she patted the space beside her.

Chat's smile widened and he joined her, sitting a little too close for Ladybug's liking, but she disregarded it.

"Regarding today's..." Ladybug opened her palm and pretended to draw on her hand to demonstrate what she meant. "I apologize. I was in class and the teacher was droning on so I started doodling."

Chat shook his head with a smile. "It's all right, I don't mind. I like it when you draw. It's rather beautiful to see the flowers bloom over my arm with the delicate strokes and detail you put to it." Chat passed his index and his middle finger from his palm down to his wrist in remembrance of the art she had done.

Ladybug watched his expression turn soft, glowing with admiration.

"Don't ever apologize to me again my lady. If you get bored again, draw to your heart's content. I would be more than happy to be covered by your masterpiece." He looked over at her, his voice soft and his eyes gleaming.

"Chat?" She asked, her voice just as quiet.

"Yes?"

Ladybug gave a small gulp, watching as his eyes flicked down to her lips and he was slowly leaning in closer.

"Do you... Do you ever wonder if we have other red strings tied to other people?" Ladybug's question was met with silence and Chat's eyes closed, his eyelids fanning beautifully over his mask.

He let out a sigh and he pulled away. "My kwami... He told me that there's more than just one red string of fate. My red string of fate ties me not only to you, but to him as well and probably a handful of other people. However," he took Ladybug's hand and brought it to his lips. "Your red string is the only one I'm focused on."

Ladybug gave a weak smile, gently pulling her hand away from him. "Don't you... Don't you get frustrated about not knowing my true identity? Don't you get worried that one day I might fall in love with someone else that's not you? I like someone else,
Chat and it's hard to find myself settling with you, when I don't even know the real you."

It all slipped and Ladybug had said some things she hadn't meant to say. She gaped for a few seconds and looked over at him.

A sad smile had possessed his features and Ladybug felt horrible for having dumped all this on him. Just as she was about to say something, Chat's miraculous beeped. He stood, his back facing her.

"I understand what you mean, my lady. It's hard when our kwami's forbid us to find out our true identities. Whenever there's other people who effect our lives and our hearts, it's hard to choose what we want."

Ladybug stood up, trying to approach Chat. "Chat, I-"

"I'm sorry my lady." The black cat jumped off of the Eiffel Tower and with his baton, he extended over the sleepy skies of Paris, leaving Ladybug alone, until she had to head back home as well.

"I like someone else Chat and it's hard to find myself settling with you..."

Adrien just stepped out of the shower, laying down in his bed for the night. It had been a patrol night and he was more than happy to see his lady today, but a bomb was dropped on him.