t w e n t y o n e

A gentle squeeze on Marinette's hand brought her out of her thoughts. 

"You okay?" Adrien asked softly. She nodded absent-mindedly. "Are you sure?" He asked again.

Marinette remained silent, contemplating on telling him. "Adrien?" She turned to look at him. "Have you ever had something you haven't been able to tell someone, like a secret?"

He nodded, his heart beating in his throat. "I do." He replied.

"Something you've kept to yourself for years and it's all bottled up?" He nodded. "Something you feel like you could tell one person and-"

"It will feel like it takes the weight off your shoulders?" Marinette looked over at Adrien, nodding almost breathlessly.

"Yeah." This is the same conversation the two had a couple months ago in London.

It had been several months that the two of them have been dating. It had been several months since Ladybug and Chat Noir had their heart to heart. It had been several months that Ladybug and Chat had become a thing.

Their partnership had improved, Ladybug enjoying his bad puns and Chat simply being in her presence, the fact she rejected him several months ago was just a flitting memory of the past.

However, their partnership still lacked the confidentiality and trust that came with revealing.

"I'm just... Afraid." Ladybug said one night.

"Whenever you're ready and comfortable Bugaboo." Chat reassured her and gave her kiss on her forehead.

Marinette let out a shuddered sigh as Adrien rubbed her arms comfortingly. "There's no rush princess. Whenever you feel you're ready."

"It's not that I don't trust you Adrien, it's just-"

"You're afraid. I know princess and it's okay." Marinette let out another sigh and nodded, hugging him.

"So when's the wedding?" Alya asked, startling the two of them.

"A-Alya!" Marinette mumbled. Whether they were best friends and he was her boyfriend, Marinette was always embarrassed when she was caught in the acts of PDA. She put a small space between herself and Adrien, but Adrien didn't let her go too far as he intertwined his fingers with her.

"Sorry, just having a heart to heart." Adrien said, bringing her hand up to kiss the back of it.

Alya gave Adrien a pointed look and he shook his head and she shook hers. "Well enough with that, come on, you're going to lose your seats."

The class was having a field trip to the American Cathedral of Paris, where a choir concert was going to be held. Professor Bustier and the rest of the class was inside, while Adrien and Marinette were had been outside. As the trio walked inside, they passed by a rehearsal room.

"No Michelle, you are not singing today! You failed to show up for our last rehearsal last night and showed up late for tonight! I don't know what game you're playing at, but I draw the line here. You're sitting this one out."

"B-But Director..."

"No Michelle, I'm sorry."

The trio joined Nino and sat next to Alya. Alya cuddled into Nino as the lights dimmed. Adrien put his arm around Marinette's shoulder, Marinette scooting closer in and leaning on Adrien.

The choir was already on stage and a small orchestra was heard as the conductor appeared on the podium. She tapped her baton several times on her stand, grabbing the attention of the choir and orchestra. They hushed and you could quietly hear the conductor talking to her choir, one empty space in the midst of the women's side of the choir.