Chapter 14

( Robert's POV )

" I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR YOU FOR TEN YEARS STRAIGHT, NEVER FAILED A MISSION AND THAT'S HOW I GET PAYED BACK? SELLING ME LIKE SOME GOODS! "I hissed

" CAN YOU CALM DOWN! "  The boss snapped and I closed my mouth shut. My mind still trying to take it all in.

" You just said it yourself a moment ago. I  have no other choice. Whether you work for them or non of us work at all. "

" Why are you surrendering so easily. Send someone to get it. Send me to get it. "

" We have no idea who they are or where are they. "

I let out a long sigh .

" So now I'm the one who has to pay for your irresponsiblity!" I snapped at him.

" Don't you dare talk to me like that! "

" Does it really matter, because last time I checked... you are not my boss anymore." I stood up from my seat and headed towards the door.

" Inform me when they call again . "
With that I got out and slammed the door shut behind me.

Did I overreact? I don't know.

There is something in me telling me that there is something wrong and I have to find out what is it. To be honest the only advantage of this, is that I am no longer under that man's control.

Should I be greatful for that ?

At least I will have new people to annoy with my ego. They are kind of used to it here so it lost its taste of fun .

I am certain that he'll ask me to be his eyes in there. New enemy. One more thing to take care of. If he did should I accept?

There are a lot of questions that needs answers and unfortunately I don't have them right now. Let's wait and see what is gonna happen.

Few hours later I was called back to the ex - boss' office. I entered and he was on his laptop. He looked at me and then spoke.
" They are going to call any time now. And I have an idea I need to discuss with you. "

" Shoot ."

" You can still work with us too. I want you to be my eyes there. We know nothing about them and they are a new enemy. "

That's what I thought. I smirked mentally.

" What if I said no? "

He raised an eyebrow. " You just snapped at me few hours ago because we're going to give you to them and when I offer you to stay at work with us you are refusing! "

" I don't know I will think about it. "

" Don't. Just keep your earpiece with you in case we needed you. "

" Okay ."

Suddenly his head snapped to the screen in front of him. Seconds and I was able to hear someone's voice.

" Told him yet? "

The boss' jaw clenched and he glared at him

" I did. " he said gritting his teeth

" Good. We're going to send a jet to get him here. Someone has to come with him too to take the disk . And I'm warning you, if you tried any funny business you're going to lose your system and your agent. "

" What guarantee me that you did not make any copies? "

" Can you guarantee me that you won't stay in touch with him and use him as an insider? "