Chapter 28

(Rosalyn's POV )

I wasn't able to find a good reason for the heaviness in my chest. I was upset and I didn't know why. What was I expecting ?
That he'll just threw himself in my embrace and cry his eyes out ? .

Hell no. I can't even picture that.

But I don't know. I wanted to comfort him, and that was kind of stupid of me because he was trying to tell me to leave him the hell alone without actually saying it as a sort of courtesy . He just walked out on me. He left me on the floor of his room alone and confused as hell.

Was that a payback?

It surly felt like one.

I just did the same nights ago. He was trying to comfort me and I pushed him away. But I had a reason. Does he has one?

Maybe he did that as a payback. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with me being there. Maybe it was awkward for him. Maybe he didn't want me to see the other side of him, the sad and vulnerable one. Just like I did.

But why would he stare at me like that?
In non-believing way.Was he trying to figure out whether I meant it or not? If I truly cared or not ?
That's reasonable but he stared for quite a long time.

And I did too.

I kept staring because I can't do otherwise. I wasn't able to. I didn't want to do otherwise.
Frankly talking,it was the first time to realize how...... uhm I don't know how to put this..... How captivating? His eyes are?
They were chocolate like colour with a hint of gold. I was lost in his big puppy brown eyes. And strangely enough, the feeling was familiar yet new. Those eyes are capable of melting you in them instantly and they felt very familiar to me, ever since the beginning. I don't think that they can be forgotten that easily, so why I don't remember where I met them ?

I was able to see the hurt and anger pouring out of them and maybe he wasn't heartless after all.

Snap out of it Rosalyn dear, you've been daydreaming about him long enough.

And here's my sarcastic conscience. I can even imagine it smirking at me. It never really show up unless it's extremely something bad. It's always there as warning. And I think that's what it's doing right now. And I can relate.
Yes, there's something wrong and I should stop now before it's too late.

-----------------------------------

Next day:

( Harry's POV )

It has been exactly a week since we came here and I can't wait till this mission is done. AND since they always give me the hard work to do, I should send the mission report and the information we got, to them back at the organization.
Apparently, that was Rosalyn's punishment for me because I slept during the mission.

First off, I was taking a nap since I woke up early this morning, plus they didn't need me then. Bsids that, that's not really a punishment. I was going to do it anyway, even if I hadn't slept, she was going to force me to do it.

Right now I'm sitting in the basement on my laptop. I sent the photos and working on the mission report, while the other two were screaming there lungs out.

Typical!

I was trying to block their voices and focus on my work. Typing few words when a sudden thought ran acroos my mind and I didn't know what to write after.

Jane.

Should I mention her in the mission report? If I didn't the director would ask about how Robert found out about the secret alley.
Which will lead Robert into an unpleasant interrogation.