Chapter 49

First off, I wanna say happy birthday to the most beautiful human on earth.💕

May you be happy till the end of time.💓

Listen to: 1) Mercy  2) Ruin

By: Shawn Mendes.

* Listen to Mercy until I mention switching to the other song :)

Enjoy!

---------------

( Third person POV )

" The nerves you've got. " Her bitter cold tune sent a shiver down his spine.

He took a breath he thought won't get out of his lungs. Slowly, he turned around. Honestly afraid of what to come. The first thing his eyes fell on was hers. Her tired and red ones. They were cold and he saw her pain.

A moment passed, neither have anything to say. But he needed to move fast.

" Rose. " It barely came out as a whisper as he stepped down the few stairs. He was now standing in front of her, staring at her and at loss of words.

She was looking at him, yes, but never into his eyes. She directed her gaze on his chin or whatever, just not his eyes. She knows it's her weakness.

Few more moments were spent in silence.
Until she dared to break it.

" I thought you were a smart one Robert. Who goes to the ones who wants them dead willingly? "

The wind got stronger. It got darker as the thick clouds blocked the afternoon sunlight. Somehow, the weather was imitating what's going inside her. The weather was showing signs of heavy rain. And she predicted heavy tears by the end of this conversation too.

" Can you please hear me out? Please. We need to move out of here this instant. They know we are here. They will be here any moment. "

"  Like I would believe you. How would I know if that's not a cheap excuse to make me come with you? How would you know anyway? How did you find me? "

He stayed silent for a second. Debating whether he should tell her or not.

" They called. I talked to... him." He spoke hesitantly.

Her jaw clenched.

" You still have contact with them, don't you? You were acting like you're on our side when in reality you were the traitor. You betrayed us all. "

" No!  I didn't betray anyone. I didn't keep contact with them. And I certainly am not the traitor. I swear it's not what you're thinking. "

" Yeah?  Explain this then! " She shouted.

" I kept my old earpiece because it was specially designed to, " he took a deep breath before continuing.

" To stop the effect of the mind control wave. "

She stayed silent. He took that as a sign that she believes him.

" I never wanted what happened to be repeated. That's all.  And I was right. They sent one as soon as I spoke. "

She didn't show any reaction.

" They are after you. After the both of us now since I'm never complying to what they ordered me to. "

Nothing came out of her mouth for few minutes.
" What did they order you?" She asked curiously.

He didn't reply and it angered her.

" Talk! "

" You. To get rid of you. "

She stepped back and he was struck. How can she think he would do such a thing?