Shy Metta

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]
Hehe, another Ghost Town song. I really like this band, and I think this actually matches pretty well.
SPRING BREAK!!! WOOOOOO!!

[METTATON'S POV]

I was beyond nervous. My hands were clammy, my throat felt tight, and my mind was in a thousand places. I had made a complete idiot of myself. What the hell was I thinking, just walking over to Papyrus and Sans'? I wasn't even invited. I just...wanted to be with her again. She was some beautiful star down here, and I almost felt second class against her. This new hairstyle was nice at least, and these thick framed glasses felt kind of new, even if their were fake. I didn't realize how cold Snowdin was until I was like this; this sweater didn't exactly do much. I closed my eyes and kept walking, deep in my thoughts.

"Hi Mettaton. You look different."

I nearly yelled in surprise. It was just Napstablook, laying in the middle of the road. He had his headphones on, probably listening to one of his own mixes.

"I just laid down in the road after eating a ghost sandwich and felt like garbage." He said. "Do you wanna join me Mettaton?" "Would it help me if I did? I'm really nervous." I asked. "You could listen to some music and lay do. It helps me sometimes, plus you know it's a family tradition." Napstablook said softly. I sighed and nodded, laying down next to him in the road. A pair of headphones phased onto my ears, and I sat their listening to an upbeat song, something (y/n) might like.

(Loner by Ghost Town)

Laying down actually felt relaxing, even in the bitter cold. Blooky and I moved our heads to the beat together, eventually mouthing the words too. It was nice to hang out with Blooky again too; it had been a while since I last visited my dear cousin. He was the only one taking care of the snail farm anyway. When the song came to an end, I sat up and brought my legs closer to my chest. Napstablook stood up and smiled down at me, tears going down his cheeks. I stood up quickly going over to him.

"Blooky, what's wrong? Don't cry darling, everything will be okay." I said. "I'm not sad Mettaton. You hung out with me. I'm like your biggest fan." Napstablook said. "You remember that time with Frisk? The caller? That was me. I'm not really able to be with you a lot since your a star, but this one time was really fun." I wiped away his tears and smiled, hugging him tight. The stardom really got to my head.

"Come on Blooky, let's go to Sans'. I think (y/n) will be there." I told him. He nodded and we pushed on to the Skeleton Brothers' home. I took a deep breath as we got to their front door. I knocked a few times and tried to breathe evenly.

"SANS? CAN YOU GET THE DOOR? I HAVE TO FINISH MY SPAGHETTI!"
"Sure bro, I'll get it."

The door opened to Sans, and as soon as he looked at me, my cheeks reddened. This was such a bad idea, why did I even bother coming here.

"H-Hi Sans. It's a bit cold out here...do you mind letting me in?" I asked. His eye sockets widened, looking me over. "Mettaton? I didn't recognize you there bud. I guess you can say the old Mettaton is Metta-gone!" Sans joked. "Sans!" I whined. "I just want to see (y/n), alright? I'm really nervous and cold, so could you not make these bad puns right now?" "Sure bro, I'll give you a brrr-eak since you're so cold. Sorry that I don't tickle your funny bone." Sans said, laughing to himself. My eyebrow twitched and he went back to the kitchen, meeting up with Papyrus. I looked over at (y/n), who was playing some game on her phone. Her headphones were in, so she hadn't said a word to me or heard Sans and I argue. Napstablook nudged me, gesturing toward (y/n).

"You should talk to her." He said, going into the kitchen. I heard him ask Sans if he wanted to feel like garbage with him. Sans agreed and they laid in the floor, irritating Papyrus. I went over to (y/n) and poked her.

"(y/n)? It's me, Mettaton."

She looked over at me and did the last thing I expected her to do.

She screamed.