Chapter 1

"Mara let's go!" yelled Ethan banging on her bedroom door, "We are going to be late for school!" 

Mara though was still asleep and didn't even move at the sound of her brother. Ethan ran downstairs to meet his brother, Jack in the kitchen. He stole he brother's cereal before he could take the first bite.

"Hey!" yelled Jack, "Give it back" 

Ethan gave him a smirk and continued eating the stolen cereal. Just than Jessica, their mother came into the kitchen.

"Mom!" said Jack, "Ethan stole my cereal"

"Get another one then" replied his mother not evening look away from packing lunches. 

Ethan laughed. Jack sighed and started to get a new bowl.

"Where is your sister?" asked Jessica,

"I don't know, I told her to hurry up" said Ethan.

"Go get her please" she told Ethan.

Ethan sighed and left to go get her. Meanwhile Jack stole back his cereal.

Upstairs...

"Mara!" yelled Ethan once again banging on the door. There was no response so Ethan barged in. "Seriously Mara?!?" he said kinda of angry. She was still fast asleep. He pulled the blankets off her. "Get up" he said. She moaned. "Mara! Now! or I'm getting mom" he said sternly. With that statement she rolled out of bed. "You have 5 minutes" he said leaving the room. 

Mara slowly got dressed then went downstairs.

"What's the matter honey? you've been sleeping a lot lately." Jessica asked her daughter, "Are you not feeling well?" she felt her forehead.

"No, I'm just tired" replied Mara.

"Okay, well hurry up you are going to be late" she said handing her, her lunch and a breakfast bar, "You brothers are impatiently waiting outside" 

Mara grabbed the food and headed outside.

"Finally" said Ethan walking away with Jack. Danny was there waiting too.

"Morning sleepy head" said Danny.

Mara didn't respond.

"What is wrong with you?" asked Danny, "You skipped our game of night tag last night to sleep."

"I'm just really tired lately" said Mara. 

"You've been saying that for the past two weeks" he answered.

"So?" she said.

"So why? its not like you" 

"I don't know, Danny!" she said kind of angry. They were at the school entrance and Mara stormed off. 

"I'm going to be late for class" she left.

Danny and Mara had all but one class together. He followed her. 

It was third period, English class and Mara had dosed off. Danny poked her. 

"Wake up" he whispered keeping an eye on Mr. Anderson, people falling asleep in class would land them a detention. 

"Miss Martin!" said Mr. Anderson fairly loudly. 

Danny sat up right in his desk. He was too late. Mara woke up immediately.

"Is this class boring to you?" he asked.

"No sir" replied Mara.

"Then I suggest you stay awake" he said.