Chapter Six

Phil smirked upon hearing a low beeping noise in his ear, a result warning him of the oncoming students. He heard a series of gasps followed by a splash when the group stepped into his room; one with the tile floor filled with a foot of water where Phil would be able to scare the people without getting them too wet.

Thankfully for the students, there was a drier right as soon as they would exit the room, made specially by the technical ability students that was able to dry something off in a minimum of three seconds. That way nobody had to have their shoes wet for the rest of the day. His own feet were definitely a bit soggy, but that didn't really matter for him because his body was made with a considerably larger amount of water than the typical person, so his skin wasn't wrinkled and was actually pretty much glowing with the added moisture.

Did that make him weird?

The festival had been going on for about two hours now and Phil doesn't think he's ever had so much fun. To be surrounded by classmates with equally as powerful and amazing abilities as he did was literally a dream come true. Not to mention the fact that his power could be frightening in the first place, which was beyond refreshing when he originally thought it was good for nothing. He loved scaring people, loved hearing the gasps and the slightly nervous giggles afterwards while they entered the next room, where Phil knew Tyler was using his glitter power to make it look like faces were appearing out of thin air.

How could glitter be scary? Well, only Tyler would know.

The slight shuffling got louder, followed by more splashing noises as the water got a bit deeper, making it so that the group wouldn't be able to get their feet out of the water when they walked. Phil peeked out from behind a pillar, making sure that they were exactly where he wanted before taking a deep breath. Because his body was already submerged in water, it meant he didn't have to do anything with his hands (the concept was strange at first, but he was slowly getting used to it).

His lips twitched into a smile as he made a large splashing noise behind them, watching as the entire group swiveled around to stare at the empty spot. There were four of them, people that Phil had never seen before which disappointed him. He assumed that Dan would come through sometime today, if only to see PJ, but he hadn't seen him thus far.

When the people had calmed slightly and began moving once more, Phil made the water a bit less flowy, not quite ice, but definitely something that was a bit more... slimy. He made it so the water resembled that of a snake brushing past their ankles, snickering quietly when one of the girls shrieked at the top of her lungs and jumped away, followed closely by the other girls when they each got their share.

It was over pretty quickly after that; Phil conjured a figure to start emerging from the water, and the girls ran into the next room with similar shrieks. The sound of the blow drier alerted Phil that the scare was over and he had to repeat the entire thing in a few seconds. Once he was sure they were out of sight, he burst into a fit of giggles, stretching out his limbs. They were starting to hurt a bit from staying crouched behind the pillar and cracked enthusiastically as he moved them.

The microphone in his ear crackled to life, PJ's voice murmuring, "We have one more scare before we are allowed to take our break. Last I heard, it was Dan coming through so if you want to go through the house I would suggest just leaving with him since you're one of the first rooms. I'll join you guys afterwards. Sound good?"

Phil's stomach twisted, making him slightly nauseous. A haunted house? With Dan? But he gave his affirmative anyways. Surely Dan would have someone else with him. He wouldn't come to this alone, right?

His question was answered a few minutes after his headset beeps and two figures walked into the room. One was clearly Dan, lanky and closed off with his hands stuffed firmly into his pockets. He didn't look too happy upon immediately stepping into the shallow water, his lip curling in disgust. He was wearing something other than his school uniform for once (thankfully, weekends were free apparel to the students), outfit consisting of tight black skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a leather jacket. Before his feet were submerged in the water, Phil saw he was wearing a pair of spiked shoes. Typical Dan, trying to seem like the edgy, misunderstood teen.