Chapter 4

Rae's POV.

I woke up before the sun was up. I slept for about an hour. I was up all night crying quietly, I did cut several times, took a shower, I drew pictures, and wrote a small chapter for a story. I like writing, drawing, and singing. Those are things nobody knows about me. Except the singing thing, I post a lot of YouTube videos of me singing songs and I get a lot of views. I hid the little notebook with my drawings in it inside my bag. My story was on a document on my IPad. The school gives us IPads for us to do our work and shit my dad would never get me one so the only reason I have one is from the school and I have a phone but only so he can call me to tell me to get my ass home.

I stood on the balcony quietly singing Tell Me Why by Three Days Grace. The sun was just starting to come up.
"Tell me why does everything that I love get taken away from me." I sang quietly. It was quiet outside other then crickets chirping and my quiet singing. The sky was a orangish, pinkish colors as the light bounces off of the few clouds in the sky. I smiles slightly and breathed in the fresh cool morning air. I kept quietly singing different songs as I stared off at the sunrise.

I saw someone walk next to me on the balcony and lean on the railing just like I was. I looked over to see Hannah's sister, Jade. She stared at the sunrise smiling slightly. I smiled as well, she was beautiful but really not my type. I like nerdy, shy, geeky girls. And that's what Hannah was... She was perfect. We were staring at the sunset in silence when she finally spoke.

"Hannah really likes you." She said. I looked over at her.
"I like her too." I said smiling.
"No... She like likes you... She has a major crush on you. She has for years." She said looking up at me.
"Why are you telling me this? Wouldn't she want to tell me herself?" I asked. She sighed.
"She's very shy and it'd be a while before she even mentioned it. Don't let her know that you know she likes you. I just... Wanted you to know. I know you also like her but your in a tough place right now and don't want to complicate things for her but..." She stopped.
"But what?" I asked.
"Don't hurt her... She's a good kid and I've never seen her so in love with someone. I can see why she likes you. I just worry you know? She's my little sister and I don't want to see her sweet little heart get broken." She said. I walked over the her and hugged her.
"I'd never dream of hurting someone so perfect... Yes.. I like her...a lot. I have ever since I first saw her walk into the same class as me. I tried to do crazy shit in class just so she'd notice me, if didn't do that she wouldn't notice." I said.

"Trust me, she noticed you. She talked about you before you ever even saw her. She started talking about you in middle school when you first came here. She saw you in the hallway and thought you were the cutest girl she's ever seen. Don't tell her it old you this but.. She downloaded every song you've sang and posted on YouTube and listens to them constantly. Just laying in bed listening to them and blushing smiling so wide. She really like you." She said. I stood there smiling.

"I'll ask her out when things quiet down a little... Hopefully I'll have the courage to do it.." I said.
"Why wouldn't you have the courage?" She asked. I sighed and ran my fingers thru my short red hair.
"Cause... This girl does things to me that nobody else has. She makes my heart beat faster with just a single look at me." I said leaning on the rail staring out at the sunrise. "She makes me blush, smile, she brings out the soft side of me. She makes me feel safe, a feeling a haven't felt in years... I guess.. I'm just scared... The last relationship I was in he found out I was gay... He rapped me to try and 'cure me' and 'turn me back' to being straight... He got me pregnant and my aunt is currently taking care of my child... I haven't seen her in more then a year and it's killing me. I don't want the same thing to happen... I'm just... Scared that if I put myself out there again.. I'll get hurt.." I said staring down at the ground below.