5

I woke up the next morning in an unfamiliar room with Austin's arm over me. I must've fallen asleep at his place last night.

I turned to look up at the blondie to see that he was awake. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Morning," he said, his morning voice a little deeper than usual.

"Good morning," I said. "Sleep well?"

"Mhm," he said, his eyes slowly closing again.

I wriggled out of his arms and got up. I got my phone and my stuff. I turned to see Austin propped up on his elbow, looking up at me.

"You leaving?" he asked.

"Gotta go home and get ready for work," I said. "Will I see you later?"

"Yeah! Of course!" he said. He stood up and opened the door for me. He smiled down at me and kissed my cheek. "See you later, Astley Richardson."

"See you later, Austin Moon."

I got ready and arrived at Sonic Boom right on time. I smiled at Ally as I walked in. She seemed to be reading something.

"Hey Ally!" I said, setting down my bag on the counter. "Whatcha reading?"

"Just a magazine," she said. She turned the page and gasped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Um, Astley, you may wanna look at this."

She passed me the magazine. The page she was reading had "Austin Moon's New Girlfriend?" written at the top with a picture of...me and Austin kissing at the beach yesterday!

"Oh, my God! That's me and Austin!" I exclaimed.

"What does the article say?" Ally asked.

"'Pop singer, Austin Moon is pictured here kissing an unknown girl. Could this be his new girlfriend?'" I read. "I can't believe it. Who took this picture?!"

"More importantly, you kissed Austin!" Ally said. "Does this mean you two are together now?"

"No!" I said, quickly. "Maybe. I don't know. We didn't really talk about whether we were together or not."

"Do you want to be together?" My cheeks heated up as I looked down at the floor. Ally gasped. "YOU TOTALLY DO!"

I jumped to cover her mouth. "Ally, quiet down! There's other people here. And yes, I do want to date Austin. He's really nice and sweet and he just seems like the guy I always pictured myself with."

I let go of Ally's mouth. She let out a squeal and jumped up and down. Everyone else was looking at us like we were insane. I quickly jumped over the counter to cover her mouth again.

"Ally!" I snapped.

"Hey guys."

I looked over my shoulder to see Austin coming into the store. I looked back at Ally and whispered, "Don't say anything please?"

Ally shook her head and I took my hand from her mouth.

"I gotta go get ready for a lesson," she told Austin and I. "I'm gonna leave you two here. Alone. Together. But alone." I gave her a look. "Okay, I'm going."

I chuckled through my nose and shook my head as Ally scurried off. I turned to smile at Austin.

"Hey. Couldn't wait to see me, could you?" I teased. "It's been, what, half an hour?"

"Uh, a full hour actually," he laughed. "Maybe I did miss you. Or maybe I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't drown again. Hey, what's this?"

Austin picked up the magazine that was laying on the counter and still opened to the article about Austin and I!

"No!" I said and jumped over the counter to try and grab the magazine from Austin. Austin, being a good foot or so taller than me, pushed me back and held the magazine up so that he could read it. "Austin, seriously! Don't!"

"'Over night pop-internet sensation, Austin Moon, was spotted out with a girl on the beach yesterday'," he began to read aloud.

"Stop!" I said and jumped after the magazine. Austin's arm kept me down.

"'After a friendly chat, surfing and Austin heroically saving this unknown girl, this couple shared a sweet kiss on the beach, photographed by Megan Simms, and left together. This has raised questions as to whether or not Austin and this unknown girl are dating or not'," Austin said. He finally dropped his arm and looked at me. "Why didn't you want me to see this?"

I finally managed to snatch the magazine from him.

"Because," was all I could manage to say.

"Astley, do you not want people to think we're together?" he asked.

"What? No! No, Austin it's not that. It's just...uh," I tried to think about what I was trying to say. "I know we kissed and all, but I wasn't sure about whether or not you actually liked me or if you had just gotten caught up in the moment. I didn't want to ruin our friendship or anything. We've only been friends for a while now and-"

I was cut off by Austin's soft lips pressing against mine for the second time. I heard the customers in the store say, "Awe".

Austin pulled away first.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"To get you to shut up so I can talk," he said. "Listen, Astley. I really like you. I know we haven't known each other that long, but I'd love just to start with a simple date before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. Is that okay?"

I smiled.

"I'd love to Austin. I'm getting off work at 5. How about then?"

"Sounds great. I can't wait."