6

5:00 came quickly. I was freaking out. I couldn't believe I was going on a date with Austin Moon! This is like every tweenage girl's dream and I'm getting to live it!

I was doing some final stocking on some music magazines when someone grabbed my arm and started pulling me away, up the stairs and into the room above the shop. The room was amazing. Inside was piano, a big "A" on the wall, couches, chairs, and more. It was definitely more than just a storage room, like I thought it was.

"Wow," I said.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool," said Ally. "And sorry for kinda kidnapping you there. It's important."

"What's important?"

"Your date with Austin," Ally's friend, Trish, said. I remembered her from the day before. She was wearing a hamburger outfit. She wasn't now. She was wearing a tank top and shorts that looked like something a surfer dude would wear.

"Hey. Trish, right? Why are you dressed like that?"

"Oh. I got a job at the surf shop." I opened my mouth to point out that she had just been working at the food court when she cut me off. "I get fired a lot."

"Oh," was all I said. "Anyways, what about mine and Austin's date?"

"Trish and I are gonna help you get ready. You look to be about the same size as me, so I picked out this really nice dress I think you'll like," Ally explained. "And I have some make up we can put on you and do your hair a little bit."

I laughed as Ally began to pick at my black, curly hair.

"It's staying like that. I've tried everything to straighten it. No luck," I told her. "And it's really nice of you two to do this. Honestly, I thought I'd have to go on the date in this."

I gestured to my attire, which was a pair of old jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Well, lucky for you, you won't have to," Trish said. "Let's get you all dolled up."

They started with my hair. Ally decided to take my advice and not try to straighten my hair. Instead, she decided to put it up in one of those ponytails where a few strands fall on either side of my face and it looks really pretty. Then, makeup. Trish did my makeup while Ally picked out a dress that I wasn't allowed to see till I put it on.

I found it sweet that the girls wanted to help me get ready for my date. I had known Ally for a while now and she and I were becoming good friends, but I had only met Trish once, so it was very nice of her to help out too. I could feel that she and I will probably be good friends too.

Once Trish finished my makeup, she told me to keep my eyes closed while Ally finished picking out the dress. Finally, Trish told me, "You can open your eyes."

When I did, I was speechless at the beautiful dress Ally was holding. It was a short, white dress, but it wasn't one of those tight ones. It just poked out around the sides.

"It's so pretty," I said. "Ally, are you sure you're okay with me wearing it?"

"Of course! Dad bought it for me forever ago, but it's not really my style. I think it'd look better on you," she replied. "Now go put it on! Austin will probably be here any minute now. There's a closet over there, go change!"

"But don't mess up your makeup or your hair!" Trish added as I raced to the closet.

I pulled on the dress, careful not to ruin my hair or mess up my makeup. I felt pretty in the dress, even if I hadn't seen it yet.

I finally opened the door and smiled at Trish and Ally, who were waiting. They both looked at me and smiled back.

"You look beautiful, Astley," Ally said with a smile.