The Discovery

Masaomi woke up on a bed in somewhere he had never been before. He was still in his school uniform and his bag was on the nearby desk. He kicked off his feet to the side of the bed and went for his bag, inside his phone and scarf was still in place.

What happened?

Where was he?

Masaomi sat on the edge of the bed, hands through his blond hair. He had to remember!

Yesterday. Mikado. Izaya. Shizuo.

Yes, yesterday when he was walking back home with Mikado, Orihara Izaya and Heiwajima Shizuo approached him. What else could he remember?

His head was throbbing. He couldn't be forced to remember. Yesterday... he fainted. What did he heard before that?

『I would have Celty to pick you up』

Celty. Who was she?

He sighed and got on to the bed once more. He wrapped his scarf on his wrist and put his phone on his pocket. He was supposed to be at school but looking at the time it was already too late. He had been unconscious for a few hours... that's right, Mikado. He had to talk to Mikado because he-

"What did you found about Mikado, Shinra-san?!" That voice, he had heard it before.

"I told you! My system was never wrong, not even once!"

"But to have that conclusion..."

Masaomi opened the door slowly and walked out silently. He found himself looking at three people; one was that he recognized as Anri who was sick lately, next was a man wearing a lab coat and the other was the Black Bike. For these kind of people to met in one place... he felt like he was the pawn in one of Izaya's games again.

The man looked at the headless rider who typed in something in her phone.

"I know Celty! Maybe I got it mixed up or something. I should recheck besides, I cannot let an unconfirmed information to be leaked. Heiwajima Shizuo and Orihara Izaya... it couldn't be that Mikado-kun was their child right?"

This guy...

"It's true," Masaomi said.

All three heads faced him.

"Oh, you're awake?" the man said.

"Kida-kun?" Anri said, confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Same goes to you, Anri-chan," Masaomi said.

『You two know each other?』The headless rider typed in.

Anri nodded, "Kida-kun and I, along with Mikado-kun spend a long time together in school."

"But first things first," Masaomi said, sitting down. "Why am I here? Where am I?"

"You didn't know," the bespectacled man said. "You were kind of injured in an alley. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Just call me Shinra I guess, I am an underground doctor."

"You're a doctor?" Masaomi said.

"Most likely," Shinra said. "I'll get something to drink."

The underground doctor, or so he claimed, stood up and went to the kitchen. Leaving the gang leader with the two girls. Masaomi turned to Anri and immediately asked;

"Anri-chan, why are you here with the headless rider?"

"Kida-kun, sorry but there was something I didn't tell you and Mikado," Anri said. "But anyway the headless rider you said is the same person who brought you here."