Ch.12 The Start of Devie !

Hey guys sorry for not posting in a while I've been super busy and have had writers block. So in my last authors note I asked for suggestions on if I should add more point of views other than Maddy and Carlos in and I got asked to do a Devie chapter so shout out to @Dylanarobinsonmarcau for the comment. Hope you guys like this chapter please comment down below if I should change anything!! --------------------------------------------------------
Evie POV.
Right now I am studying for my up and coming science test that I have to take because I got called out in class for cheating. Luckily Doug was there or I would have been sent back to the isle of the lost. I don't want to go back.... no I can't go back. There is so much more for me here! I get pulled out of my thoughts by I knock on the door. Mal gets up and opens it to find Ben. Ben and Mal start talking and I zone them out and go back to studying until I hear the door close and Mal says "looks like Benny-boo needs to find himself a new girlfriend, and I need a live spell" Hunt throws Mal her book and she starts looking through it. I knew I wasn't gonna get much studying done here so I said " I'll be back in like an hour, I'm gonna go study in the garden" I pack up my stuff and head to the garden. Once I get there I grab a table and open my textbook and start reading.
Ten minutes later
"You need help?" I hear someone say from behind me, I look up to see Doug "yes please I don't understand any of this!" Doug smiles and sits down beside me and starts explaining "okay so say you have an unknown potion that you need to find out what it is. You also have three other potions, a sleeping potion, a poison potion and a speed potion... you with me so far?" He asks I smile and write down what he said before saying "yah actually! I didn't know you knew potions!" "Well my dad was friends with the girl your mom poisoned so he taught me counter potions" "oh.. okay.... sorry about that" I say looking down "don't worry about it it's not your fault it's in the past" "okay thanks" it's silent for a few minutes, I look at Doug and his eyes meet mine we stay like that for a minute when Doug starts leaning in, I do to. Just as our lips are about to touch I stop? "we should probably get back to studying" i say "oh yah" Doug replies and starts talking about science 'come on Evie you almost had your first kiss, what are you afraid of? You're a strong women just ask him out' I say to myself before saying "um... doug?" "Yah?" He asks 'here goes nothing' i say i my head then say "i like you, no tricks, no lies, just the truth. Would you be my....---" I was cut off by a pair of soft lips against mine. The kiss lasted about 20 seconds before we pull away "--...boyfriend" I finish Doug smiles before saying "No" my smile turns into a frown "oh" " Evie I said no because I'm going to do it the right way!" He stands up and takes my hand and stands me up too "Evie Grace Queen... (sorry guys don't know her full name so I made one up :)) will make me the happiest guy in the world and be my girlfriend?!" Doug asked "Yes!!!! I will love to be your girlfriend!!!!" I smile and give him a big hug. After 20 seconds I pull away and Doug says "okay back to studying!"
1 1/2 hours later
I arrive back at my dorm after studying and being with Doug. I closed the door and turn around to see four pairs of eyes on me "oh!, hey guys" I smirk and say as I walk to my bed when Maddy speaks up " un, E?!? Where have you been?" "Oh just studying!" I say back "for 2 hours?!" Mal asks "you said you would be back in an hour! What happened tonight at the garden?" Maddy asks "oh, um... shouldn't we be going to make the love potion? Let's go !" I say trying to avoid the question. "Okay but when we get back we are talking about this!" Mal says before walking out the door towards the kitchen.
--------------------------------------------------------
Here you go hope you guys like it I'm sorry if it's bad I'm trying hard to come up with new chapters and I'm drawing a blank. If you guys have any ideas for what I should do next that would be great thank you and have a great day Peace :)