Nali'ah

Cover by the amazing battlefeld , check out her works!

Idea taken from the project #thepeopleofsociety

Jackie from thelovesociety runs the project

N A l I' A H

(Nal-e-uh)

She wraps the Hijab so that it covers her hair, and pins it to her shirt

Once it is fully covering her dark hair, she smiles in the mirror.

She makes sure her clothes are not too tight, nor revealing.

Once that is done, she applies her makeup. She loves putting on makeup.

Once she is fully satisfied with her look, she heads downstairs.

She greets her parents and grabs breakfast before heading to school.

She waits at the bus stop with anxiety.

She doesn't like going to her school.

The ugly yellow pollution machine shudders to a stop in front of her and she makes a face.

She waits for the doors to open before entering onto the bus.

She is greeted by the smell of cheap boy cologne, and fruity perfume.

The noise level is so loud she can barely hear herself think.

She seats herself in a vacant seat on the bus and sighs.

The ride is short, much to her disappointment. She's soon at school and filing off the bus with other students.

She makes sure her hijab is correctly in place and enters the school building.

She walks to her locker and sighs when she notices who is at her locker.

"Hello Thomas." She murmers. He stares down at her.

"Nali'ah", he says pronouncing it wrong. She rolls her eyes. He always gets it wrong on purpose.

She unlocks her locker and goes to open it. He slams it shut.

"Nali'ah, what did I tell you? You were supposed to come to school with that stupid cloth off your head. I want to see what your hair color is, and if it matches your pretty face."

She glares. "This 'stupid cloth' is a part of my religion. I'm not taking it off to please a white boy like yourself."

He narrows his eyes. "Watch your mouth, girl. I'm sure if I told the school board about your comment, they'd take your racial slur as a terrorist threat."

She clenches her teeth. " I could tell them that you're harassing me."

He laughs. "And who will they believe? The only practicing Muslim girl in the school? Or a popular white man, like me? Did you already forget that The minorities in America aren't priorities?

She shuts her mouth.

"That's what I thought." He says tugging lightly on her Hijab.

She grips the Hijab in fear of him trying to take it off. "Don't touch me," she hisses.

He grabs her arm and pulls her towards him.

"Ooh, wear something tight fitting tomorrow, too. I'm getting tired of these long skirts and loose T-shirts. I'm sure you don't have anything tight enough in mind for me, so I'll buy you something. Tell me, what's your boob size?"

He grabs her waist and starts running his hands up her body.

She tries to shove him away, but he is too strong.

She looks around the hallway frantically for help, but everyone is avoiding eye contact or getting a kick out of the situation.

She's discriminated at school because of her culture, and so nobody either likes her, or is too afraid to help.

So she screams.

He quickly puts a hand over her mouth and hisses, "shut up, Bitch."

Adrenaline kicks in and she begins to defend herself.

She scratches his face as hard as she can, and luckily it draws blood.

He let's her go and curses.

She tries to turn and run, but he grabs her Hijab and tries to pull her back.

Her Hijab comes flying off, and her long black hair tumbles around her waist.

Unfortunately, she pins her Hijab to her shirt every morning.

Her shirt tears by the force of his pull.

She falls to the ground, exposed.

Many guys surround her and begin taking pictures of her tattered top, and exposed hair.

Thomas begins to kick her, as she tries to cover her body.

He spits on her. "That's what you get for being a prude. All you had to do was listen to me and I would've been a bit nicer."

She's curled in a ball on the dirty, cold floor after everyone has had their fun harassing her.

She cries for modesty, for her pride, and for the bruises that will soon form.

She prays to Allah that he will help her before the next class gets out.

She doesn't want another attack to happen.

She doesn't hear the clatter of shoes heading frantically towards her til numerous voices surround her.

"I told you, there she is!"

"I can't believe it."

"How did we let it get this far?"

"Get the police on the phone."

"Principal Dean, we've got to check the camera's to find out who the assaulter is"

"Nali'ah can you hear me? Who did this to you?"

"It's going to be okay, we're getting you help."

Why is the world so cruel to her for her views? She never did anything to anyone to deserve this.

---------------

Hey all. So...that was intense. This is the first mini series of 'Prude'. There will be two more involving two different situations of different girls. The next will be about a Christian girl. No, not all the girls will have a religious stand point. Okay, so yeah.

Love, Ellie