Charlie

C H A R L I E
(Char-lee)

"You say that now, but one day you'll change your mind."

"I'm serious. I'm not going to get married."

"Okay, why?"

"Because when you get married it's immediately implied that intimacy is expected. I'm really not interested in any forms of intimacy. Not at all. In fact, I'm pretty disgusted by it. Who wants a spouse who doesn't want to have intimacy?"

"Trust me you'll change your mind once you meet the right person."

"No, I don't think so. I know my body and I know my brain. But you are right. Anything could happen "

"Yeah, well you've never been put in a situation where you've felt sexual impulses. That is why you think that way."

"How would you know?"

"..."

"Exactly. You don't know what I've experienced so you don't know why I have decided on this lifestyle."

"So you're just gonna be a prude for the rest of your life?"

"I wouldn't really call it that. More like chasing my dreams rather than romantic relationships, but sure."

"Why are you so against sex?"

"I never said I was against it. I never even brought up that word. I said intimacy, which doesn't always involve sex. Besides, to answer your question, I'm not against it. I couldn't care less if you have sex. It's just not appealing to me."

"But you'll be lonely for the rest of your life."

"You're implying that I can't find happiness unless I get a husband?"

"When you say it like that, it sounds bad."

"Well when you say it, it sounds worse. I think I'll be just fine without a husband. In fact, I'll probably be better off because nothing is holding me back."

"All I'm saying is that you will change your mind once you meet the right person."

"If I ever meet that person, I'll be sure to let you know. But for now, my mind isn't changing."

An actual conversation I had with someone  about my decision to not get married / have sex.

I know that sex and finding that one person is probably spectacular and all, but as I get older, it becomes less and less appealing. I'm really fine on my own. In fact, I like it. That's not to say that I don't get sad when I see #couplegoals, but I know that it's not always that easy, and that relationships are a lot harder than they look.

I personally don't have the time to entertain a committed relationship. I'm pursuing my dreams and that's not stopping any time soon.

Xx Charlie