A note from Charlie

Hey guys,

So I've decided that it's time for me to make Prude as completed. We've had a good three years of writing and I believe that it's time to end it.

With that being said, I have a few things to share.

First, I'm creating a side story from a few of the characters in this book. It was a battle decide between Anita and Isaiah and Georgia and Justin. I ultimately decided to go with Georgia and Justin and will be starting a novel based around their relationship and how it forms, where it goes, and how it ends. With that being said, I took down my last chapter of them because I don't want to give anything major away. Though the characters are the same, the plot may surprise you. I hope you join me on this next journey!

Second, I started this book in late 2015/2016 because I saw a need in my own life and I wanted to feel represented. You see, I myself can be considered a prude. I'm nineteen, in college, and never had sex. Nor do I have the desire to. Many people scratch their head at this fact. They don't understand. Part of it is because my religion, yes. But another part is because I simply do not have the desire to. That is not to say that one day I won't. I'm simply the type of person who isn't sexually attracted to someone unless I have a very firm and established romantic relationship with them. I've been told that's like a type of a sexuality, but I have no need to label myself. Nobody should feel pressured by society to label themselves something.

That's the whole reason I wrote this book. I wrote it because if the #MeToo movement in America, but also because I know society tells people there's something wrong with you if you aren't having sex. Just like it's powerful and cool for people to have sex with who they want and when they want, it's powerful and cool to NOT have sex. You don't need a reason and you don't need to explain yourself on why you don't want to have sex with someone.

This book is the opposite to my book Slut which is about a young woman who enjoys sex and is named called because if it. I wanted to highlight both perspectives of the scale. Don't let society tell you who you are. That's for you and only you to decide.

I hope this book inspired you. It inspired me. It reminded me that there's nothing wrong with how I choose to live my life. That's another reason I wrote it. I felt alone, like I was the only person I knew who made a decision to wait to have sex. Through this story, I have met people who feel the same as me.

This isn't just my story anymore. It's our story.

Peace to you and to where you venture in life. Remember, we are the people of society and labels do not define us.

Love, Charlie.