Chapter 2

When I stepped out of the warm house, the cool air blanketed my body. I've been inside all day, so it felt great to get some fresh air. The moon that was placed up in the dark sky illuminated over the roofs that belonged to the houses and shops. Billions of stars twinkled around the black sky.

I stared up in awe. This pack loves when it's night time. We appreciate our surroundings. At night, everyone turns off their outside lights so that we could see all of the stars above us. It's so clear that I can see the milky way across the sky.

A shooting star shot across the sky, catching my attention

A shooting star shot across the sky, catching my attention. "Come on! Make a wish!" my wolf, Artemis, encouraged me.

"Okay." I replied before closing my eyes and making a wish to the moon goddess.

Please allow me to find my mate soon, I wished with my fingers crossed. I'm not as desperate as the other she-wolves, but I feel a bit lonely and would really love to be able to see my mate. I feel like I would be more complete with him.

After wishing on the star, I started making my way to the edge of the forest. I took off my clothes so that they won't rip when I shift. Once I was naked, I allowed my wolf side to take over. My bones cracked as they shifted and broke, forming into different positions. Fur started poking out of my skin, my teeth grew to the size of canine teeth, and my senses started kicking in.

When I was completely shifted, I picked up my clothes in my mouth and placed them under a bush. It felt really good to be able to be in my wolf form. It's been a while since the last time I shifted. So it felt amazing to be able to have the light breeze brush against my sandy fur.

A wolfy smile formed on my face as I broke into a run. The wind blew past my fast-moving body. My paws pounded against the ground, kicking up dirt behind me. The trees were just big blurs as I moved past them. The deeper I got into the forest, the more I felt alive.

Even though it was dark, I was able to see because of my good eyesight. Plus I know this forest like I know all of the flavors of Oreos by memory.

I came to a halt when I reached a lake. The moon reflected off of the water, creating a beautiful scenery. It  was pure gorgeous. Why can't everything be this breath taking. I wish I had my phone, then I would be able to take a picture of this. If I ever have pups I'll make sure to show them this beautiful site.

I looked around, just to make sure no one was around, before shifting back into my human form, leaving me bare.

My wavy, brown hair fell over my shoulders as I looked down at my reflection in the water. Blue eyes stared back at me. I knelt down by the water and allowed my fingers to lightly touch the water. The cold liquid rippled when I wiggled my fingers. I was tempted to just dive in, but the air was a bit chilly to go swimming. But sticking my legs in won't hurt.

My legs slowly entered the water as I sat at the edge of the bank. The grass around me felt like a soft carpet. I just wanted to go to sleep right then and there. But I knew that once I closed my eyes, I would never be able to leave this peaceful environment.