Chapter 3

My eyes fluttered open as the light from outside my window shone in my face. I grumbled as I shifted in my bed. I felt an arm draped loosely around my waist. I rolled over so that I could see who was sleeping next to me.

Jaylon's sleeping form laid next to me. His blond hair fell messily on his face. His lips were slightly parted as he breathed in his sleep. I gently picked up his arm and placed it next to his body. It didn't bother me that we slept together. We've done it many times before. We're only friends. Nothing more or nothing less.

I looked down at the clothes I was wearing. The only thing covering my naked body was a large T-Shirt which I assumed belonged to Jordyn. Why am I always wearing his clothes? I asked myself. I went into my closet to grab a pair of jeggings and a white camisole. When I entered my bathroom, I closed the door behind me and locked it.

My eyes widened when I saw my reflection in the mirror. There were four long cuts across my cheek, already scabbing over. I slowly lifted the shirt and gasped when I saw the huge cuts that trailed from in between my breasts, all the way down to my bellybutton.

I suddenly got a sickly feeling as memories from the events that took place last night flooded into my mind. My stomach churned and I got a sudden feeling that you get when you're about to vomit. I stared at my hair in the mirror. It looked like I just came inside from a wind storm or I had my head sticking out of a car window. It looked like an afro. There were leaves tangled in the brown mess called hair. My body was also covered with dirt.

A sudden smell wafted into my nostrils. My eyebrows furrowed as I breathed in the scent. I couldn't decipher what it was. It was coming from me. I've never smelled like this before.

"What is that mouth-watering smell?" I asked Artemis.

"I don't know..." she replied in curiosity.

The scent grew more enticing the more I smelled it. If someone walked in one me, they would probably think that I bashed my head against the wall or something.

Damn it!

I have to shower, but I don't want to get rid of this scent.

I picked out the loose leaves out of my hair and tied my hair up into a messy bun. I threw on the clothes that were piled on the floor. I squirted toothpaste on to my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth, getting rid of my icky morning breath.

After cleaning my teeth, I exited the bathroom and found my bed empty. Jaylon must've gotten up. I shrugged as I picked up my phone from the night stand that stood next to my bed and made my way out of my room.

When I entered the kitchen, I was welcomed by a back facing me with the refrigerator door wide open. I cleared my throat, catching his attention. He turned around and stared at me with his eyebrows raised. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." he greeted me with a smile. His dirty blond hair was sticking up in all directions.

"Morning." I responded.

I went over to the pantry to retrieve the Nutella and bread. I laid everything out on the counter and pulled out a couple slices of bread. I dipped a knife into the Nutella jar and slathered it on the bread, covering it with the sweet, brown, hazelnut spread.

I licked the knife before placing it into the sink. I carried my plate over to the island table and sat down on one of the stools. I sunk my teeth into the bread as I took a bite. I swallowed, allowing the sweet goodness consume me. I lightly moaned as I took a bite, hungrily.

I glanced up at Jaylon and slightly blushed when I realized that he was watching me in amusement. When I fished up my breakfast, I tossed the plate into the trash.