Chapter 4

"Mate." he growled. My heart started beating erratically as my mind started processing the words that came out of his beautiful, peach lips. Artemis was yipping while my mouth slightly parted as I stared at him. His eyes stared at me as he studied my face. Thunder rumbled in the background, but it seemed as if it wasn't there. It felt like we were the only ones here and the world around us froze or didn't even exist.

My wolf was telling me to run up to him and allow him to wrap me into a gigantic hug and give me kisses, but my human side was wanting me to keep my distances. He didn't look inviting. His face was emotionless and like I said before, his aura screamed danger. Power and authority radiated from him like he was an alpha or some other high ranking. And I new one thing for sure....

He trespassed onto our territory. And he didn't even seem to care.

I brushed the wet strands of hair that fell in my face and pulled the hood over my head a bit to cover more of my head. The wind was getting stronger as the storm grew worse.

I shoved my hands into the front pockets of my soaked hoodie. The sound of the rain and the rumbles of thunder in the background was all that you could here. My fingers clenched into fists. Disbelief flashed through is eyes again, as if he can't believe that I'm standing in front of him. His soulmate. His other half. I stood there, not moving a muscle.

I mean, what do you expect? Some stranger, who happens to be my mate, shows up in my backyard. Like how does he even know where I live?

'Attention everyone, get to the closest building now!' Alpha Tristan's voice boomed in the back of my head. My eyes widened as he continued, 'Someone has crossed our borders and is trespassing into our territory. So seek shelter immediately, for what I've heard from the patrols, he is an alpha. But they couldn't give me any details because they got attacked.'

Right when Alpha finished, the backdoor of the house flew open, revealing an extremely worried Jordyn. When he saw me, relief flashed across his face until his eyes wandered over to the person standing in front of me.

'Trinity! Get back now!' Jordyn ordered through mind-link.

I glanced at the guy as his eyes landed on Jordyn. He released a growl as Jordyn took a step towards me. I was going to tell him that Jordan was my brother, thinking that he was assuming that we weren't related at all, but Jordyn's fearful voice made me stop.

'What are you doing?! That's the alpha of the-'

Before he could finish, strong arms wrapped around my waist. I let out a surprise screech as a bolt of electricity surged through my body. My body was slung over a shoulder and I squeezed my eyes shut as my face bumped into something rock hard. When I opened my eyes again, I was facing the ground and I was in the air.

I shivered as I felt a hand placed on my butt. I attempted to look up and saw my brother standing in front of me. His face held mixed emotions; worry, anger, and bewilderment.

I turned my head so that I could see who slung me over their shoulder like a rag doll. I already had a feeling who it was, but I just wanted my assumptions to be wrong. Right when I caught a glimpse of those emerald eyes, he broke into a run.

With me over his shoulder.....

I released a scream when I realized that he was kidnapping me, taking me against my will. I know he's my mate and all, but he could've at least asked me to come with him like every other werewolf on this planet.