Chapter 8

Song - Never Be Like You by Fume

<•><•><•>

[Chapter 8]

I opened my eyes, expecting to see the bedroom, but instead I was laying on a blanket of soft grass. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around. The last thing I remembered was eating Oreos on my bed.

It was in the middle of the night. Everything around me was dark and from what little light I had, I could see towering trees all around me. I stared up at the dark sky. The moon was in its gibbous phase, almost a full moon, and it illuminated the darkness along with the billions of stars that twinkled and painted the sky with their light.

I stood up from the ground and frowned when I realized that this was the same lake that I was at a couple days ago. The one where I met that red-eyed scary beast whose been haunting me in my sleep. I slowly walked over to the water and peered at my reflection.

I was still wearing the exact same clothes as I was when I fell asleep. Nixon's T-Shirt and sweatpants. 'Why are we here?' I asked Artemis in confusion.

'I don't know....' she whispered with a shaky voice.

I froze when I heard low growling behind me. My body began to shake in fear and my heart started beating erratically as I felt the presence of someone or something behind. I gulped and slowly turned around.

My stomach twisted when I saw the big, fury beast in front of me. The moon above made his midnight black fur glisten. His red eyes glowed in the dark.

He bared his teeth as he snarled. I stared at his long canines in horror. They looked so long and sharp.

Out of everyone on this damn planet, why does he have to go after me? And what makes me ever more terrified is the fact that he's real and that I've actually seen him. The same. Exact. Beast.

I unconsciously took a step back in fear of becoming dinner. He didn't seem to like that because he took a few steps towards me as he growled again. My legs became wobbly and weak.

I'm shit scared right now.

I didn't know if this was real or a dream. Either way, I don't want to die. Although, if I did die, I wouldn't have to face my monster of a mate. Artemis whimpered at the thought of not seeing our 'mate' ever again. I couldn't care less.

"What do you want?" I cried out to the fury animal-like creature. He didn't respond, like I expected him to. He released an animalistic growl again but it was much louder than before.

His tongue stuck out as he licked his teeth. He took a few more steps so that he was standing right in front of me. I stumbled back due to our closeness and tilted my head back slightly so that I could keep an eye on him.

"Trinity!" I heard a familiar voice shout behind the wolf-like beast. I looked behind him and gasped when I saw bodies covered in blood. When the hell did those get there? Some of them were ripped apart and scattered everywhere.

I felt bile rise up in my throat as I stared at the bodies with wide eyes. The sudden urge to vomit was prominent, but I held it in.

One of the bodies sat up. "Go!" they cried. Their blonde hair stuck up with dry blood, rocks, and dirt. Blood and scratches covered their lightly tanned skin. Their clothes were ripped with claw marks and their eyes were bloodshot. "Go before he gets you!"

Then he fell back over. It was then that I recognized these people. My parents, Jordyn, Jaylon, and Kiera laid there on the ground behind the monster. Tears fell from my eyes as I couldn't get the images of their faces out of my head. My eyes gave the bodies one more once over before I noticed the piles of bodies behind them. I released a cry when I realized that they were my pack members.