Chapter sixteen

Michael's P.O.V

"Where to first?" Ethan asks as we climb into my car. Today I end it all, I'm too tired to fight and I just want to be with him without feeling everyone else in the world hates me

"Ava's first" I drive away. I miss her bursting in my room everyday dragging me out of bed to face life, she always did look out for me and I didn't appreciate her.

I drive and Ethan sits next to me which makes me feel so much better, he calms me down, even when we're fighting I can never truly get to my worst. I get to Ava's place "want me to come with you?"

"No if it's ok I need to do this alone"

"Totally" he smiles "I'll wait right here" I peck him on the lips and walk out.

I ring her bell and the door slowly opens "hi" I smile at her

"Hey" she stands there staring at me blankly "what are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" I ask and she steps aside allowing me in. She shuts the door "Ava I'm a fucking asshole alright, I took you for granted and I never acknowledged when you were helping. I got in this mess and I believed that everyone was out to get me"

"I was always on your side Mike"

"I know and I didn't realize that until it was too late. I was shallow and selfish but I'm letting go of all that now. So will you please come back?" She stares at me thinking about it "please?"

"Say you're sorry" she crosses her arms

"Ava Morgan I am so fucking sorry! I've never been this sorry before"

"I don't know if I want to work for you anymore Michael"

"You don't have to work for me, I just want my friend back" I'd be nice if she did work for me again though but I'm not gonna push it

She walks up to me "never doubt my loyalty again"

I smile "never again I swear!" She hugs me "I missed you Av! So much has been happening"

"What's going on?" She pulls away

"I want to tell you but I have more apologizing to go do, I'll talk you later ok?"

"Ok" we hug one more time and I leave.

Getting back in the car "how'd it go?"

I smile at Ethan "great!" I start the car and drive away "now to my parents."

We get to my parents house after a long drive. "Are you scared?" Ethan asks as I park the car

"No" shake my head "should I be?"

"You're parents are scary people"

I laugh "they're not scary, just a tad intimidating but I can handle them"

"Ok. I'll be right here"

"I know" I leave walking into the house. "Anyone home?" I yell walking around. I run up the stairs "mom are you home?"

She walks out of a room "Michael?" She sees me then rushes to me "oh my god! Where have you been I've been calling"