CH. 10

Hey guys! I'm really sorry if this chapter stinks (which it probably will) because I wrote this yesterday and had it all complete but unfortunately didn't save it- like I thought I had. Anyways, basically what I'm trying to say is because I obviously can't remember everything I originally wrote, this isn't going to be as good as I had hoped. Okay, sorry about all of the rambling, I know you guys most likely don't care.

As always, please read and review, and I'm sorry it's so short.

Love_To_Write218

_ _ _ _

By her soft, steady breathing Peter could tell his girlfriend had fallen asleep. He looked down at her and smiled.

Man, she was so beautiful. He could simply stay like this all day, watching her sleep. But not wanting to sound like a creepy stalker, he refrained himself. Instead he placed his chin in her head and pulled her closer to his body, never wanting to let go. He wanted to stay in this position forever.

But apparently the world didn't care about his wishes, because less than a minute later, his Spidey-Senses started acting up, followed by the sound of police sirens outside.

Peter groaned before slowly trying to get up without waking Gwen. He carefully laid her down on her bed, before planting a kiss on her forehead.

Gwen shifted and mumbled, "Peter."

He just smiled and whispered, "I'll be right back, I love you."

But Gwen was already asleep once again. Before leaving he quickly snatched a piece of paper and pen from her desk and jotted down a small note. After looking at Gwen once last time, he crawled out the window and began climbing the building. It didn't take him long to find the trouble.

_ _ _ _

The first thing Gwen noticed when she awoke was Peter was nowhere in sight. Disappointed, she got up and stretched, before noticing a piece of paper on her desk. She instantly recognized the handwriting as Peter's. Grinning, she read:

Dear Gwen,

I am so so so so sorry I'm not here right now, but I honestly had no choice- as you've most likely noticed. Please understand, and DON'T WORRY. I will come by later. I love you.

Xoxo, Peter

Gwen smiled at his thoughtfulness, before making her way to the living room to check the T.V. Reporters and police officers were standing in front of Oscorp. Apparently a man in a green suit had assaulted a few citizens, but Spiderman arrived not too long after.

But there wasn't anything on Spiderman's condition. Gwen looked at her phone and almost called Peter, but she knew that he would call as soon as he could.

Gwen sighed. Out of all things, this was definitely the worst part. The waiting. And Gwen Stacy never was known as a patient girl.