CH. 24

So this chapter is pretty short as well, but it really sets up the scene for the next chapter, so don't lose hope!

I'm so sorry for the lack of details in the fight scenes, I'm just really bad at writing them.

So this song is What if this Storm Ends by Snow Patrol. It's so beautiful and I hope you like it!

Read and review!

Love_To_Write218

_ _ _ _

The Green Goblin cackled his infamous laugh. Peter, as Spiderman, turned around, preparing his webs to shoot. Before long, the Goblin came into view. Peter couldn't see Harry's face through the mask, but he knew his friend was still in there somewhere. He wanted to reach out to him, help him through this, but he couldn't- not without giving away who his identity. 

"Spiderman," The Goblin sneered. His voice didn't even sound human. "What are you doing at here, at Oscorp."

"What does it matter to you?" Peter said, trying his best to appear calm and casual.

The Goblin only sneered before quickly swerving towards Peter on his glider. Peter only barely managed to jump away as an explosion came from where he had been standing only seconds before. He quickly shot a web and began climbing his way up the walls. His Spidey-Senses picked up something behind him and he quickly jumped down before getting blasted. Peter shot a web at the Goblin's glider, pulling it to the ground. 

Green Goblin started going down, but he jumped off the falling glider and landed on hsi feet. He stood right in front of Peter and cackled, "I have to confess, Spiderman, you're a very easy opponet, it seems Doctor Connors was wrong. You're not a challenge, are you?"

"What do you mean, Goblin?" Peter asked, beginning to ready himself for another fight. 

"Well, I've grown close to Doctor Connors these past few weeks. Told me a lot about you." He smirked. "I sometimes go to Ravencort on friendly visits, you see. " He began walking close to Peter, as he leaned in and whispered, "You know, being a hero is hard all the time. Everyone you love most will always be in danger.  Why not come with me onstead?"

Peter clenched his fist at the Goblin's words. He shot a web at him which sent him flying backwards, but recovered quickly, before Peter could do anything else. They begin to fight back and forth, up and down, asPeter stumbled into another room.

He kept silent, not even willing himself to breathe, as he listened. He quietly crept around, but he was nowhere to be found, not a menacing laugh, no green light, nothing.

The Goblin was gone.