Punishment

Damnit. Snow already had me in so much shit, but now... We've never really fought in front of people like that before. My already dented reputation is pretty much nonexistent now, thanks to him. I guess it was partially my fault, as everything is, but for now we'll blame Snow. Damnit. Evil Peter Pan strides in quickly, but not before Simon and I have a moment of isolation. He looks at me with more hate in his eyes than usual, and I try my best to return the favor. I can only hope it's convincing, because it can be hard to focus on anything when he stares at me like that. Aleister Crowley, it gives me chills.

The Mage sits down with a thump, and I swear the chair is about to break.

"Well boys," he begins, "I knew you had issues, but really." He sighs, as if he has the audacity to be disappointed.

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again," I growl through gritted teeth. "At least not in front of you," I add under my breath.

"You wanna speak up there, Basilton?" Snow teases. Crowley, I hate that boy. "At least now he's using his words," I think, and smirk. He turns to the Mage, but I turn and look around my mother's office. It's been ruined. The inviting atmosphere had become cold, desolate, and abandoned. The Mage never even visited his own office, except for occasions like these.

"Well, Tyrannus?" The Mage asked. Shit. I'd tuned them out and lost track of the conversation. The rational response is silence, but that's not what people would expect, or accept, from me.

"Maybe, sir. Depends." The go to substitute for "Wasn't listening because you're a prick, sorry." He nods, and Simon looks infuriated. Good. I'm successful in recovering a calm, cool and collected façade, but really. Simon and I are so close- just inches away. A little lean, and we'd be touching. I have to restrain myself from doing so, but I've been getting better at that from two years of living with him. It would also probably... nevermind. Tangent.

"Well then, it's settled. Your punishment will be to sleep outside the gates until you learn to live with each other." Oh. FUCKING. No. So THAT'S why Snow looked so angry. Well, now his emotions are mirrored with my own, because I am NOT doing that.

"Basilton. You were the one who agreed to this." The Mage had a smug, shit-eating grin on his face.

"I said maybe!" I cried, but it was no use. The Mage was already scribbling in his little book full of persecutions, and our fates were sealed. I put my face in my hands, because there was no longer a point in appearing calm, especially now.