Ignore

Baz wouldn't look at me the entire time I carried him over to the football pitch. I carried him in my arms, bridal style. He wasn't happy about it.

He was also heavy, and mostly limp. Blood was still pouring out of his wounded bicep. I tried to talk to him, but he would just turn away, despairingly. He looked terrible. His shirt was still stained with blood. Mine was too. I couldn't tell if it was mine or his. Or both.

He seemed lost in his own thoughts. I wondered what he was thinking about, but eventually gave up in it. He was too complicated.

Eventually Baz fell asleep. When we made it to the football pitch, I laid him down next to me.
I stayed awake. I would need to be ready if anything else attacked me, or more importantly, him...
I looked out at the football pitch. I always loved it here. The grass was perfectly green, and flowers bloomed around it all year long. Normally this spot was a place of security and comfort, but in the middle of the night it was downright creepy.

I start to think about Baz playing football here. He is the most amazing football player I'd ever seen. They way he had perfect control of the ball all the way down the field, how it was like he was commanding it. He is a leader, because he is strong, and so powerful. Baz's magic is...untouchable.
All of a sudden he starts screaming. I have my sword out in a split second, but it's just his nightmares. Normally I would enjoy the thought of Baz in pain, but it's really bothering me. He's rolling around, he's writhing in pain.

The screaming is more than I can bear. The sound is pounding through my skull, and it's my name he's screaming. Over and over. It's as if he's being tortured! I finally can't stand it any longer and shake him awake.

"Baz. It's okay, I'm here." I say a bit louder than I intended to. He looks around like doesn't know where he is and tries to stand up. He immediately falls right back down. I catch him and he's bridal style in my arms, again.
He tries to push me away, but I'm holding on tight. He can't make sense of his surroundings.

All of a sudden I see realization come to his eyes.

"Put me down, Snow," he mutters. I can't help but smile. Baz is alright. I prop him up against a tree.
He's still not looking at me.

"You okay?" I ask. I'm genuinely worried about his well being, and his mental state for that matter.
Baz is right back to ignoring me. It's pissing me off.

"Baz, will you please talk to me!" I yell. It sounds more aggressive than I really
planned it to.

"Snow, I have a raging migraine, I was impaled by a unicorn, and I've not slept in a proper bed for two days, so please- cut me some slack." Baz snaps.

"Finally." I breath. It sounds so much better to hear his voice. Even though he's agitated. But at least he's not screaming anymore.

"I don't want to go back to sleep." Baz states. He looks more tired than ever, but he probably has nightmares.

"I'll stay up with you." I promise. "Why were you calling my name?" I ask, I am genuinely curious. Baz ignores me and turns around. I let it go this time. He has the right to be a prick, because after all, he was attacked by a unicorn.
I try hard to stay awake, and keep my promise to Baz, but (and I shit you not) I fell asleep on Baz's lap, listening to him breathe.