Hurt

What the everloving hell is he doing? Why? As if he hadn't ruined my life enough. He had to be smug and say maybe. He couldn't have admitted that he wasn't paying attention.

The Mage hands us our passes and he also spells the door to our room shut for the night. Yay. What a charmed life I lead.

"Snow, I blame this entirely on you." Baz says to me as we leave the Mage's office. He has a grim look on his face and murder in his eyes.

"If you hadn't spoken to me the way you did earlier, we wouldn't be here, now would we Basil?" I say to him. Blaming this on me. Unbelievable. He's the one that couldn't keep walking. He's the one who had to turn my chair around, kneel down, and say "Use your words."

"All I said was good morning." Baz snickers. I can't deal with his shit right now. To be honest I can never deal with him, but it's worse now. He is so smug, and he thinks he's so perfect.

"Whatever." I mumble under my breath. 

"Anyone ever tell you mumbling is a bad habit Snow?" Baz says, getting closer to me.

"Really?" I say sarcastically. I shake my head and start towards the stairs. I need to find a place to sleep, away from him. I don't plan on dying tonight.

"Where do you think you're going?" Baz asks, he's blocking my path to the steps. I wish he would just leave me alone. I groan. Loudly.

"I need to find a place to sleep tonight, Baz." He rolls his eyes dramatically after I say that. He still doesn't get out of my way.

"Well the Mage said we are stuck outside until we can live together, so you're not getting rid of me yet." Baz looks more arrogant than ever. He shouldn't, as he got us into this disaster. He does a tiny hair flip and I groan again.

"Fine, just... fine." I mutter under my breath.

Baz and I skip most of our classes to scour the grounds. Baz leads and I follow, he knows the grounds better than me (probably cause he plots everywhere). I hate to give him the satisfaction of leading because I know he feels more in control that way.

"Alright Snow, we are going to sleep by the moat," Baz announces. I hate this idea. I wonder if Baz knows I can't swim and plans to push me in while I'm asleep...

"Why?" I demand.

"It's warmest there." Baz states.

It starts to get darker out. Now the moon and our wands are our only light. Baz and I walk the length of the moat, when suddenly I have a great idea for revenge. I don't know how the idea came to me, or why, but I like it.

"Baz!" I yell looking into the lake.

"What do you want?" Baz moans. I think I interrupted a thought.

"I think it's a Merwolf." I say. Trying to stifle a giggle.

"Idiot, those are just a myth." Baz says looking into the water.

"Baz, lean in closer and you'll see it." I am about to start cracking up. Baz leans in to the water and I take the opportunity to shove him in. He lands with a splash into the water.

"You insufferable little prat!" He yells. I giggle, he keeps cursing at me, it seems like he can go on forever. I am now dying. This is hilarious.

"You bloody git!" He yells. He looks pissed, it's priceless. I regret nothing.

Nothing prepares me for what happens next.
Baz grabs my arm, which I didn't know was within his reach, and tugs me in after.

"Let's see how you like it." He growls.

My body hits the icy cold water.

I try to hold on but I can't! I can't swim' I can't, I can't... I'm getting tired... I-I cant...
I should just...let...go... I...

Baz.....

help......

Suddenly I feel a tug. An arm around my waist. I have never been more happy to see Baz in my entire life. Except I won't tell him that, it'll go to his head.
Baz drags me onto the shore.
I cough up water, a lot of water.
I am also shivering.
Baz hands me his coat. He tries to look away, but I can't help but look at his face. He looks...hurt.