Chapter 1 Missing the Shot

+ Loras POV+

My eyes blink open I sit up out of my bed and look around my room at the CDC my Dads room it right across the hall. I sit up and stretch my arms yawning as I stand up. I walk over to my wardrobe to pick one out of three of my outfits. I go with my last remaining jeans and a white,green and blue flannel and my black converse. I open my door the hinges squeaking as the door swings open. I run down the hall to find my dad sitting at one of the many computers typing away.

"Are you still trying to find a cure for the walker virus Dad?" I ask Dad bolts up I guess he didn't realize I was there.

"Oh I didn't know were there Lora and yes I am go get some food or shower okay I need to focus honey." Dad says standing up and giving me a kiss on the forehead before shooing me out of the room.

Okay I guess this is a good time to go out and practice my bow outside. I run down the hall to my room. I crouch down and push my bed out of the way and then I stand up and walk across the room and grab a screw driver out of my bag. Then I run back over the the space were my bed sat before I moved it. I unscrewed the 4 screws in the floor I lift the piece of floor up and grab my hunting bow with my quiver with 26 arrows also my pistol with 24 rounds. I slipped the quiver over my head to rest on my shoulder I grab my bow and I re screw the piece of floor and pushed my bed back over the slab of floor. I stand on my bed and use the screw driver again to unscrew the vent above my bed. Then I climbed up the vent and left the vent on my bed, my dad wont come in my room he will just stay on the computer all day looking for a cure.

I climb through the vents and climb out at the on witch leads outside I see a walker about 50 feet away and I pull an arrow out of my quiver and shoot it straight through the eye. I run over and pull my arrow out of the walkers head and run of to my shooting range before another walker can see me. (It's guns or bow shooting area.) I open the gate door to the fenced in area. I walk over to the edge of the fence I look at the targets about 80-100 feet away. I pull another arrow out and shoot it I let go and it goes flying through the air it lands about an inch or two away from the bulls eye.

+After about thirty minutes+

I pull the last arrow I will use today I pull it back breath and let go. It fly's through the air and

misses

I stare at the arrow in the top left corner of the target remembering the last time I missed it.

+Flashback+

Me and my Mom run out the vent we sneaked out while Dad was asleep. Me and my mom laugh as the air rushes through our hair my bow in my hand and quiver in my hand as we run away from the CDC. We run to the playground we always hang out at on Sundays. (A/N When she was 21 her mom found out about her bow and was fine with it.)

"Hey just cause the world is ending we don't have to be living in misery. Always remember that Lora." My mom says as she looks at me sternly. I just nod and she smiles.

"That's my girl." She says wrapping me in a hug I hug back.

+After they talk about before the Apocalypse. It's about 23 mins later+

"Mom." I say faking worry in my voice.

"What sweety?" She asks stopping. I smile and touch her arm and start sprinting back to the CDC.

"YOUR IT!" I yelled not thinking about walker over hearing. My mom laughs as she's runs after me I run as fast as I can and get to the CDC first I slap the door.

"First!!" I say as mom runs up seconds behind me. My mom smiles and shakes her head playfully. Mom puts her hand on the scanner then the door opens and we both walk inside I walk ahead and then hear my mom's scream. I see a walker about to bite into her neck I can shoot it from here I got this I take my arrow out and load my bow and release the arrow it misses hitting the walker in the throat not the head. The walker sinks it teeth into my moms flesh I take another arrow and load it and shoot the walker in the head I run over to my mom and hold her hand tears streaming down her face.

"Dear close the door and hide you bow I would hate it if your father go mad at you." My mother says coughing between each word I nod and rip the arrow from the walkers head and above it and my bow into a closet then I put my hand on the pad on the wall and the door closes.

"Sweetie put my knife in the walkers head covering the arrow wound so your dad wont be suspicious. Tell him that the walker just poped out the corner as we were walking. ." I just cry I cant respond She nods at my I walk over and take her knife and shove it in the walkers head I look at her.

"Call him now Darling. Always remember I love you and don't you think for a second for this is your fault my death is just a bump in the road. Look at you, your a amazing strong young lady. You will survive I know you will." I hear my dads foot steps and he stops when he turns the hall I look at him my face stained with tears.

"No nononono." Dad says as he runs over and crouches down next to me and mom.

"Honey I love you take care of Lora use your best judgment. You can stop this I know you can. Please set me up in the room so you can see the brain turn, end me when I come back." My mom says to my dad as she cups his face in her hands. Tears streaming down my dads face as well as my own face. My dad starts shaking his head.

"Please its what I want. I love you both I'll be watching over you." Mom says lovingly.

+End of flashback+

"No I can't miss I can't" I run over and pull all the arrows out of the bulls eye and continue practicing.

+After About an hour of practice later No misses+

Oh shit I've been out here an hour and a half, I hope my dad doesn't notice i'm missing. I think as I open the door and sprint back to the CDC. I make it there in under a minute. 'New record nice' I think as I catch my breath out side the vent. Then as soon as I catch my breath I slip into the vent and climb through to the exit that leads into my room. I slip out and fall onto my bed then I hop up and push my bed over grab the screw driver from the foot of my bed and unscrew the hole floor and quickly shove my bow and my quiver and my gun into the hole then screw it closed. I push my bed over it and climb on top of my bed to re screw the vent covering back on and shove the screw driver into my bag. Then I run out my door to go find my Dad. I run down the hall and open the doors and see Dad preparing 2 lunches.

"Hi Lora how was you nap?" My dad asks laughing at the last part I playfully push him as I grab my lunch.

"It was amazing thanks for asking." I reply , Thank God he thinks I was taking a nap. I think as I sit down to eat lunch with my Dad.

Thanks so much for reading If you love walking dead you could go check out my other Walking Dead fanfics 'This is the world we live in' and 'The boy with one eye' Much love from MEEEEEEEE.

*Waves hands dramatically*