Chapter 2

Colten's POV

"I hate this pack their all dicks" Tyler said as he looked out the window.

"Yeah me to, but if we want to see if they are connected to the recent attacks then we have to play nice." I told him as I pulled up the pack house.

 I was the Alpha of the Black Moon Pack and Tyler my Beta. We came here to settle in "alliance or truce" with the Red Moon Pack, but we're really here to see if they were working with the rouges. They are rumored to be a mean and horrible pack that mistreated many of their members. I had visited once before when looking for my mate but did not find her here, thankfully. Alpha Andrews disliked me a great deal for I was a powerful Alpha that many feared. He was jealous. He wanted more then anything to be feared by everyone. To be the strongest. But he played nice. As I'm sure he will be doing tonight.

My pack did not want another war so we decided to come here and try to settle this. Even though we all hated this pack and new that we could win if it came down to war we just wanted to stop them from teaming up with rouges as we suspected they might be doing. Parking the car, we all climbed out.  Altogether it was me, Tyler (My Beta) , Chad (My third), and Ryan (My head warrior). We all walked to the door but before we could knock it was opened by an old maid. She looked frightened as she looked at us. 

 "Follow me, Please". She brought us to a dining room where there was eight chairs. "Alpha Andrews will be right with you, please make yourself at home." She said scurrying off. We all sat down and mind linked each other so that no one could hear us.

"I already want to tear him apart. You see how scared that lady was?" Chad said.

"Yes but let's just see what they are up to. Maybe we can see if they are the ones helping the rouges." I told him although I was having a hard time controlling myself. Women were suppose to be cherished and obviously they did something to scare her so much.

"Sure thing Boss" Chad said unhappily. Just then Alpha Andrews walked in with his Betta, Third, and head warrior.

"Hello Alpha Colton. So happy you could join us. Now how about we get down to business." He said as he sat down.

"Sure I don't mind. Let's talk about the rouges." I said watching him closely. I saw him slightly tense up but he relaxed himself and smiled at me.

"Aw yes the rouges, we haven't had any problems with them out here so I don't know anything about them really. Only what I have heard from other packs" He said as he raised his hand in the air. A couple females walked in with trays of food and sat them in front of us. Was he trying to distract us from this conversation? All of them looked terrified and kept their heads down. I noticed many had bruises which confirmed my suspicion of abuse to pack members. I waited till they left to bring up this to him. I was done ignoring it.

"So you like to abuse your pack member?" I held back the growl I wanted to release.

"It's more like discipline. Keeps them in check." He said smugly.

"You know what, I think we're done here. I will not be needing any thing from you." I got up and started to leave, my men following behind me.

"You will regret this." Andrews said as he walked away. I was almost to the door when I remembered the leather jacket I brought. I turned back to the room and just as I entered the most wonderful smell hit my nose. My wolf started to go crazy and I looked up to see a small pale girl with black hair in a bun and pale blue eyes. All my wolf kept saying was MATE over and over again.  The room blurred until all I saw was her. She was cleaning up the table when her head snapped up to my direction. Her eyes widened and she instantly bowed her head down and stepped back from me.

"I am sorry Alpha Colton I did not know you were coming back." She said shaking in fear. Just then Alpha Andrew walked in and slapped her. 

"DONT JUST STAND THERE CLEAN THIS SHIT UP!"

My wolf sprang forward and I grabbed Alpha Andrews throwing him across the room. I Knew i was on the verge of shifting but it was pointless in trying to calm my wolf.

"YOU DARE LAY YOUR HAND ON MY MATE!" I growled then grabbed his head smashing it into the wall knocking him out and turned to my mate. She looked at me with wide frightened eyes and backed away. I knew that my eyes were glowing red and my canines were out but I was pissed and didn't have a good temper. When she stepped away from me again I let out a growl and she instantly froze.

"MINE." I said as I slowly walked to her and forced my wolf away. Once I got to her I noticed how scared and fragile she was and as I reached for her, she instantly flinched and closed her eyes. I wanted to get mad all over again but knew I would just scare her more. I put my hand under her chin to lift her head up to me. She felt as if she would fall apart if I wasn't careful. Her head only came to my chest . One look into her eyes and I saw how miserable and frightened she was.

"I'm not going to hurt you. We have to leave now before he wakes up and the rest of his pack comes." She looked up at me eyes wide as she processed my words.

"I-I cant. He will kill me." She said fear ingulfing her as she started to shake.

"I wont let that happen. You are safe with me." I said and she finally nodded her head.

 Once out side Tyler gave me a questioning look. I sent him via mind link a view of what happened and his face instantly hardened. He did not like his Luna being hurt.

"Come on you can sit in the back with my Beta Tyler and my Third Chad. They won't hurt you. I promise."

"O-Okay" she said sliding into the jeep after Chad. Once we all were in we sped out of there heading to my pack. The boys did there best to make her feel comfortable and I kept checking the rear view window to see how she was doing. She looked so tired but as the boys continued to talk to her she relaxed. Eventually her lack of sleep caught up to her and she begun to fall asleep. Half an hour into the two hour drive she fell asleep with he head in Tyler's lap and her feet on Chads.

"Awe look she is so cute and tiny!" Tyler whispered while playing with her hair and Chad nodded his head pulling a blanket over her. I rolled my eyes knowing that they already loved her and focused back on the road wanting to get as far away from that pack as possible.

Edited 1/28/21