5.30 p.m

Chapter Banner by Batman_Justice of GraphicSilly

LEGEND

EM | LEIGH | EARL

"Earl? Are you there?"

"Em?"

"No. I am Voldemort. OF COURSE I AM EM!"

"Why are you calling me?"

"To talk about the relationship between you and Leigh."

"Great. It is only the fifth day here."

"Yeah, I know Math, okay? I am here because my boss made me call you to be a 'responsible counsellor'."

"That sounds shitty."

"Ikr. Wait, my husband's calling me."

"How old ARE you?"

"Let my husband hear that and he would kill you Wait a moment."

"..."

"Yes, Honey. Wait, why am I calling you that, Dave?"

"..."

"Huh? Oh, I am talking to some client right now. But I am actually talking to you so..."

"..."

"Uh-huh. Yes yes. Got to go. Bye. Love you."

"Done?"

"Yeah."

"Dave, right?"

"Why are you asking your relationship counsellor about her relationship? Back to you, Earl."

"Uh..."

"So, [ahem] what do you think of your selected 'soulmate'?"

"I heard the air quotes."

"Just answer the question."

"Fine. Well, Leigh is moody-I guess? I am not really sure. She is sure as heck annoying and probably needs anger management classes. I believe that she sings horribly as well. Wait, are you recording this?"

"Um...no."

"I detect dishonesty."

"ANYWAY, NEXT QUESTION! Do you feel your Cupid Helpline counsellor is amazing, awesome, charismatic and gorgeous? I added all three adjectives to replace 'reliable', by the way."

"Em certainly requires a one-week vacation in a rehabilitation centre with other mental people like her although I think she is the only one. Also, I believe she needs to find a more convenient time to have a phone conversation with her husband."

"Wow. What was I expecting? Oh yeah, NOT THAT. Next, why did you come here in the first place?"

"Isn't that personal?"

"Yes, it is."

"Good to know. Uh...I know this may seem sudden but will you marry me?"

"EXCUSE ME?"

"Yes, Em. All this time when you were on phone conversations with me and Leigh, I felt an undeniable attraction towards you. Em, you are funny, charismatic, beautiful and more extraordinary girl then any girl I have ever met. Please, Em, say yes."

" ( Gasps ) This is s-so sudden, Earl. I have no idea what to say...Oh wait. I do. This is a prank, isn't it?"

"Ugh. Caught me. Time to hang up."

"Wait! I haven't asked you all the questions re-"

Beep Beep Beep

" ( Sigh ) Leigh deserves a better sense of men."

  💩 💩💩 

Whoa. Even I didn't expect Em to say that. But what does it mean? ( Hehehe ) I hope you have enjoyed the chapters so far and would appreciate if you LOVE & MARRY this book. Or you could just follow me. No prob.