01: 43 pm

Earl walked through the crowded school halls, keeping his head ducked. The pubescent teenagers just walked pass him, even pushing him down. But he was used to it. He wished he knew how Leigh looked like. Her sweet, familiar voice which could turn threatening in an instant made his heart ache. Literally.

He thought it sounded cliche. But once you met Leigh, you would meet the most...

At this moment, he collided with something. He fell to the ground, his bag falling onto the floor and his book spreading out across. Pain seared through his forehead and he clutched it instantly. He looked up and saw another girl sitting right in front of him. She had blonde hair and blue eyes Such pretty blue eyes.

Their eyes met and it was silent for a while till Earl spoke. "I am so sorry."

"It is fine. It really is," the girl replied and tried standing up. Earl's ears perked up at the sound of the girl's voice. Could it be...

He searched for the girl but she had already disappeared into the relentless ocean of sweaty and awkward teenagers. Earl let out a huge breath and kept his head down, continuing to walk through the halls.

  ☏    

Earl opened the door of his house and something leapt on him. He fell onto the floor and hit the exact same spot on his forehead. Cursing silently under his breath, he smiled when he saw that the 'something' was his nine year-old sister, Megan.

"Hey, Earl! Welcome back!" she screamed crazily and hugged Earl.

Earl laughed and hugged her back.

They both held hands and got into the house. Earl's mom was mopping the floor and the second she saw Earl, she announced, "Earl, I have to go somewhere for something tomorrow night. You would get a babysitter."

Earl groaned and whined, "Ugh. Mom? I don't need a babysitteeeeer!"

His mom sighed and placed both hands on her hips. Looking at Earl, she replied, "Earl Clark, you do need a babysitter. And it is supposed to be for Megan by the way."

Earl rolled his eyes and asked, "Is it going to be Nanny Feltmore again?"

Earl's mom shook his head and said, "No. I think her name was...Leigh?"

  ☏  

Did you see that coming? 'Cos I sure did. Hoped you enjoyed the story so far and give me opinions. They are a second priority next to doughnuts!