Cupid Flashback-time | bonus iii.

Cupid Flashback-Time | bonus iii

written on | 29 NOV 2K16

Leigh lay next to Earl, running her hand slowly through his hair.

"Earl?" She asks softly.

"Yes, my darling?" He asks back.

"You suck," She says.

"I will take that as a compliment," he replies and they both laugh lightly.

"Can I ask you something?" Leigh sits back up and wraps her arms around her legs.

"Yes, I have a condom in my pocket right now," Earl states eagerly.

"Ew, no!" Leigh says in a repulsive manner, "Well, not now, really."

"Another time, then." Earl sis back up as well.

"Who is Serena?" Leigh asks and Earl's face flinches.

"How did you hear about her?" Earl questions uncomfortably.

"Your football mates talk about it. It is mentioned in this story's description. How do I not hear about this?"

"I guess I should tell you. I do find it weird that no reader has ever discovered this flaw in the story." Earl sighs and takes a sip of coffee before spitting it back out. "How does anyone drink this vile, bitter beverage?"

"It takes a whole lot of perseverance." Leigh looks into Earl's eyes and takes his cup away, taking a huge gulp.

"Yeah, right. You are definitely a person of perseverance," Earl muses. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" Leigh playfully slaps Earl's shoulder. "Now tell me about Serena."

"Way long before I met Sir Fenwick, I had a friend-" Earl begins.

"And she was nothing more than a friend, right?" Leigh narrows her eyes in suspicion.

"Well..." Earl scrunches up his face anxiously.

"Right?" Leigh reiterates the question, emphasising on the word.

"Serena was...the closest friend I ever had. We shared moments, precious moments." Earl sonds like he is  speaking to himself now, like Leigh does not exist beside him.

"Earl, what happened between you too?" Leigh asks, a hint of jealousy in her face.

"I was at her house once. We were especially close then, very close. Too close," Earl is whispering now.

"Earl, hurry up with the story or I will rip off your genitalia," Leigh mutters and Earl manages a smile.

"You know what I like, Leigh." Earl grins and Leigh laughs but slaps him again. Ouch.

"Just tell me. I don't want to be left unknown if there is a girl that is attempting to assassinate me to get to you," Leigh says.

"Fine, I will continue," Earl says, looking downwards-at the floor, not wherever you think he is looking at. "She seduced me and made us kissed. While doing so, she asked a friend to take a photograph of us and they changed the photo, into something...horrible. After that, she posted it somewhere. It erupted and I had to move to a private boy's school."

"Aw...you poor thing," Leigh says and hugs Earl. "But I had it way worse."

"What?" Earl leaps away. "No, I had it worse."

"No, I did."

"No, I did!"

"NO. I DID."

"I did!"

"No, you did not! Shitface was horrible. More horrible than your jokes are."

"Shitface must be very good then because my jokes are the best."

"Hm, right. You are definitely a man of humour. Definitely."

"What is THAT supposed to mean?"

Ey guys! It is me, you trusty knight/author/awesome guy. I guess I kinda forgot about this as well and I forgot to add it in the story. It is not in the story at all. So instead of erasing that, I drew it into something new. Sorry I have not been updating this book in a long while and I really love your absolute support .