Haru x Reader: Saviour

Y/Ns POV
I'm F/N L/N and I attend Iwatobi high school, and I have for a while.

My best friend is Haruka Nanase, or Haru. He loves the water and his favourite thing to do is swim. Me on the other hand, I can't swim. Straight to the point. I just, can't.

"Haru?"

"What is it Y/N?"

"Can I watch you and the boys swim today?"

"Fine"

"YAY THANKS HARU!!". So I was gonna watch Haru, Makoto, Rei and Nagisa swim! Fucking awesome! Mental note to self, bring 100 boxes or more of tissues...

TIME SKIP TO THE AFTERNOON...

Still Y/Ns POV

I sat on a chair right by the pool and watched in awe as they swam. Haru was always the first one in the pool and the last one out of the pool, he was one with the water, the ocean.

The way he flowed in the water, like a mermaid, or merman mesmerised me.

Gou on the other hand was intrigued by their muscles and abs with water dripping off of them when they hopped out. When Makoto got out to go pee, Gou had a nosebleed almost instantly. So I grave her my tissues. Luckily she didn't question why I had them.

I'm pretty sure she understands. Gou probably needs them more than I do anyways...

Then, Nagisa snuck out of the pool and I didn't notice him. He snuck up behind me, and pushed me off of my chair. My head hit the edge of the concrete and I fell in the pool.

My vision was fading fast. Slowly and silently, the last of the air I had left in my lungs flowed out of me. I couldn't see the top of the pool anymore, all I saw was a deep, dark blue abyss that awaits me.

"Y/N!!" I faintly heard through the dense water. I almost instantly recognised that voice. "Haru, I can't swim..." I muster with the last of my energy and my vision fades.

My heartbeat faded and I was entirely enveloped by darkness...

Harus POV

No one saw Nagisa leave the pool, I was to busy swimming, swimming freely.
Until a loud splash was herd by Makoto and Rei. When I saw what happened my eyes went wide with fear. Nagisa pushed Y/N into the pool...

I had a sudden flashback to when she told me something extremely important...

"Haru, I need to tell you something, please don't laugh and please don't tell anyone. Don't worry though, I'm not confessing my love." She said, I sighed in relief which made her giggle.

"I can't swim" She stated. "Alright then, I could teach you if you want?" I offered. She took both of my hands and took them in her own.

"Please, don't. I'm fine. I already waste your time, I don't need to waste anymore" she said and stared at the grass.

"You don't waste my time, you use my time the most effectively you can" I said.

That's the important part.

She.

Can't.

Swim...

"Y/N!!" I yell and dive under water. I heard her mumble, "Haru, I can't swim..." And then she went unconscious. 'It's okay Y/N, I remembered, I don't need reminding' I thought.

I wasted no time and swam as fast as I could've and held her bridal style. She had blood seeping from her forehead as well. It stained the pure, blue water.

I swam back up to the top and quickly got out, laying her on the ground. Gou grabbed about 100 boxes of tissues from her bag and ran over, holding them to her forehead. The blood quickly soaked through them, Gou kept on replacing the tissues.

I rested my head lightly on her chest. She wasn't breathing and her heartbeat was so faint I could nearly hear it.

I quickly preformed CPR on her. Pumping her chest and giving her air.

After around 10 minutes or so, I was about to give up hope. I did it once more. She started coughing up water violently. "Y/N! I'm so glad your okay" I said and pulled her close to my chest. 

She cried silently into my chest and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you Haru, you remembered that I couldn't swim, thank you" she mumbled into my chest.

"Of course I remembered, it's to important to forget" I said.

"Y/N!!" Makoto, Rei and Nagisa ran over to us.

Y/N let go of me and supported herself with her arms. "I'm sorry for never mentioning it before. I can't swim. And I don't want to learn how to either" She stated.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, I shouldn't have done that. It's perfectly understandable if you don't forgive. You almost died!" Nagisa said.

Y/N shuffled over to him and hugged him. "It's okay, you didn't know, it's my fault for not telling you guys in the first place" Y/N comforted him.

"Guys, leave for a minute, all of you" I stated and they all nodded, and walked away from us.

Just to make sure none of them were spying on us, *cough *cough Gou *cough *cough, I checked around the pool. Thankfully I found nobody eavesdropping.

I returned to Y/N and sat right in front of her, taking her hands in mine.

"H-Haru what are you doi-MPH!" I cut her off by connecting our lips, at first she was tense, but then I felt her kiss back and her lips move against mine.

"Be my girlfriend, Y/N L/N" I asked using her full name, that meant I was serious about this. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that" she replied and kissed my cheek.

We sat and embraced each other under the once azure sky, the dying sun bringing an orange glow to Japan. She eventually fell asleep.

I carried her home and changed into pyjamas that she stole from me and changed her into her pyjamas. I then put Y/N in the bed and slipped in next to her, I wrapped my arms around her waist protectively.

"Thanks Haru you perv, my perv, my saviour" I heard her whisper.

"YOU WERE AWAKE THE WHOLE TIME?!"