Gon x Reader

Y/N POV

8. That is my number. I thought this was meant to be difficult. Tch.

I'm Y/N L/N. I'm 12 and a rookie hunter. But I'm actually a trained ninja and professional assassin. And I have this power to control fire, eat and attack with fire, and be engulfed in flames, without being burnt.

10 hours later...

I had just woken up from my nap and now all of the people taking the hunter exam were here.

The examiner appeared.

"Hello everyone, and welcome to the Hunter exam! Follow me to reach the first test site!" He announced and began walking. We all followed.

I stayed around the middle, but close to the back. I looked closely and observed the competitors. I saw barely any females which got me agitated.

Then, I saw two kids around my age chatting with each other. One had spiky brown hair and brown eyes, he was wearing green shorts, a green jacket and brown boots.

The other kid had spiky white hair, a maroon shirt and black shorts.

They intrigued me.

I slowed down to match their pace and spoke up.

"Excuse me, how old are you both?" I asked,

"Hi! I'm Gon, and I'm 12! What's your name?" The brown haired kid answered energetically.

"I'm Y/N and I'm 12 also, sorry for for bothering you, the I thought I was the only younger rookie but you caught my attention" I apologised.

"Oh no! That's alright!" Gon assured me with a smile. I blushed a little at his kindness.

Then, the white haired boy spoke up, "Wait, so you're a rookie like us, and you were the eighth one here? That's impressive" he said. "Ehh, it was nothing!"

"Yeah! That is amazing Y/N! Look at my number, and we took the shortcut" Gon said, embarrassed.

"Did you and the other kid-" I was cut off by white haired dude, "My name is Killua". "Anyways, did you and Killua come together?" I questioned.

"No, we met just before, I came with these two. That's Kurapika and that's Leorio!" Gon motioned to a short guy with blonde hair and a guy in a suit with brown hair.

Kurapika noticed that Gon was waving to him and pulled Leorio with him to Gon. "What is it that is troubling you Gon?" Kurapika asked, "Nothing's wrong, I just wanted you to meet Y/N! We just met her!" Gon introduced me and I smiled and waved.

Kurapika and Leorio looked at my number and went wide eyed.

"HOW DID YOU COME EIGHTH?!" Leorio yelled. I just smirked and made a gesture with my hands, "Magic" I said seriously.

"Yeah right! Magic doesn't exist!" Leorio shouted.

"Yeah it does, I use fire magic and teleportation magic!" I informed them.

"PROVE IT!!" He demanded and I nodded.

I lit my fists on fire and then breathed fire, destroying the wall instantly.

Then, I teleported to up the front and then back to them, all without breaking a sweat. "WOAH!! THATS SO COOL!!" Leorio said with wide eyes. I looked over a Gon and saw his cheeks were slightly red.

'HES SO CUTE!!' I mentally squealed and blushed a bit. "That's really cool Y/N" Killua said, "Thanks! I'm glad you like it!" I said with a smile.

"Yes, that really is something Y/N" Kurapika nodded.

I smiled a smile that said 'Thanks!' And turned my head towards Gon. "Th-that's really c-cool Y-Y/N" Gon stuttered, blushing a deep red, I blushed and thanked him in a quiet voice.

Killua then popped up out of nowhere, frightening the both of us. "We should have a race! First one to get to the end of the tunnel wins! And the two that come 2nd and 3rd have to do whatever the winner wants for a day!" He suggested, Gon and I looked at each other and then looked back at Killua and nodded.

"3...2...1...GO!!" We all yelled in sync. We all split up and sprinted getting faster, and faster with each step we took. I looked down, my feet were a blur to me. I smiled and glided through the crowd of panting applicants. I flipped and jumped and had people stare at me in awe.

Finally, after a good 8 minutes, I had reached the exit, then I saw Killua already there. My jaw dropped. Then, a few seconds later, a red faced and panting Gon appeared.

"Gon, we gotta do whatever Killua says for the whole of tomorrow" I sighed. Killua smirked and laughed.

Killuas POV

I smirked and laughed because they had no idea about what I plan for them, I then tripped Y/N, but made it look like it wasn't me.

She fell backwards and Gon acted quickly, as expected of him.

He caught Y/N in bridal style, Y/N was already tomato red, but then Gon smiled at her, while blushing himself. That made her blush an even deeper red, if that was possible.

"Woah there Y/N! You need to be a bit more careful!" I said.

"Killua, I know you tripped me, so fuck you!" She yelled with tick marks all over her face.

Gons POV

While I held Y/N, I took in all her features, and noticed how, beautiful she really was. I blushed tomato red. At that moment, I really wanted to kiss her. Her lips looked so soft and so, kissable. I couldn't hold back anymore and kissed her cheek.

"GON!!" She blushed the deepest red I've ever seen, and then she nuzzled her face into my chest making my heart skip a beat. Then, Kurapika and Leorio arrived. Kurapika and Leorio looked at me and Killua, the back to me and then to Y/N in my arms, they smirked and whispered stuff to Killua.

I looked down at Y/N who I still held safe in my arms, and saw her asleep peacefully. A blush made its way back onto my face.

"We will continue onto the second phase now!" Satoz called and began walking. We followed again. I poked Y/Ns face, tried tickling her and tried calling her name but she wouldn't wake up.

I looked around and no one was watching. As a matter of fact I couldn't see anybody through the thick fog. I closed my eyes and leaned in. And I kissed her.

Y/Ns POV

I was sleeping peacefully until I was abruptly woken up, by sweet, soft lips against my own. I opened my eyes and saw... GON!?

I blushed so hard I thought I might have exploded. I liked Gon, not just as a friend. So I relaxed and kissed him back.

I could feel him smile into the kiss, and I smiled back. Then, we pulled away gasping for air and rested our foreheads against each other's.

"Y/N, do you like me, more than a friend"

"I don't know, only if you like me more,than a friend!"

"I definitely like you more than a friend, so much I think I'm in love with you!"

"If that's your reply, then mine is..."

"Ditto".